Saturday, August 30, 2014

Are You Ready?

Summer is ending here in Wyoming. We are having night temperatures drop down into the forties, trees are starting to get yellow leaves, the garden is producing cantaloupes and bushels of tomatoes and summer squash. It rains a little in the night so I find small puddles near my car. Soon I will be driving to work before sunrise. My early morning coworkers and I talked about the buddy system for those dark mornings, so no one has to walk past the decorative shrubs that might hide mad scientists all by ourselves.

Yesterday the elevator door at work started closing slowly, so slowly. The thought came-- What if a vampire or werewolf was after me, I might not make a get away on the elevator. Good thing I have my brass colored aluminum cane! Maybe that awful elevator is working with Evil!

Too bad my cane doesn't have a button to deploy a razor sharp knife out the rubber grip on the end.

The supernatural season is upon us, the season of wet leaves, full moons, footsteps sounding behind you on a empty sidewalk. There's a Stephen King movie marathon.

I am in the mood for vampires. Maybe I'll reread JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood, or better yet, spend some time browsing new paranormal romances with vampires. Or shifters, love those too. Any suggestions?

My writing time is haphazard right now, but I have this mind video...A young woman drives home at night on deserted streets. She waits for a left turn signal while stopped under an overpass (like the one just by my house!) and a figure drops from above and lands, crouching, just in front of her car...It begs to be written.

The Season of Darkness approaches

--are you ready?

1 comment:

Diane Burton said...

Love your cane, Melisse. My grandkiddies call mine "magic" because it unfolds with a flick of the wrist. Now one with a retractable sword would be a whole 'nother story. LOL