Thursday, September 2, 2010

Goals

Today, September 2, is just a day on calenders everywhere. But on my Outlook calender at work, it's shaded a different color. Why? Well, see, a year ago today, I got my very first offer to publish. And what a whirlwind year it has been for me personally. I have learned a lot and I hope to learn a lot more in the years to come!

In addition, I also had a goal for myself. Sell a book. Simple and yet, not. LOL However, the email one year ago from my editor fulfilled that goal. So then I set a new goal - sell another. And before the close of the calender year, I did. Then it was a new goal - sell the next book of a series. Did that. Then, branch out into a different genre. Did that. But when I look back over the past year and - Whoa. <~ exactly what I said to my husband just yesterday

So, fresh out of goals, I've set a new one for myself for the next 365 days. Like my original goal, will I blow that one out of the water? Probably not. But, for the moment, I have my sights set on a particular ePub and I'm working on a book to submit to them probably sometime in January 2011.

I'm not the most avid of goal setters, but sometimes, I think you need to have them in order to feel like you've achieved something. Or at least have something to work toward. To give yourself a clear path, you know?

What about you? Do you set goals? Reach any you want to share so we can celebrate even more? C'mon - let's here 'em!!

No comments: