Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Shifters--I love them.

What is it about Shifters that we find so appealing? For me, my fascination with shifters began in a small zoo very close to my house where I had brought my son.
Looking at the Wolf cages, I started to wonder what it would be like to be a Wolf-Shifter trapped in there with only regular wolves for company. Thus, Tristan Kane was born along with all of his brothers. The Westervelt Wolves have been with me ever since.
There is something about these guys--these men who hold the beasts inside of them. They can be mean and scary. They don't have any problem letting go of the rules society gives them about who they should and should not be. Murder? Well, if its necessary. After all, they're part animal. And animals kill to defend what belongs to them.
But there is another aspect to their brutality. Its tempered by their human side. Or, in the case of some of my Westervelt Wolves, its actually the animal holding back the meanness of the man.
And they need love but not just any woman will do. They need their love--their one true love. They're mate. Who wouldn't want to be so desired by such a power, potentially dangerous man who is a risk to everyone but YOU because for you he would live and die. For you, he has waited forever.
I think Shifters are sexy as hell and I'm going to keep writing them as long as people want to read them.

Have you read the Westervelt Wolves? Which one is your favorite?

4 comments:

Annie Nicholas said...

Your comment about having such a dangerous man living or dying for just YOU gave me a shiver.

Liia Ann White said...

I love this post!
Each Westervelt story, I fall in love with the characters, there's not a single one I don't love :-)

momofcjids said...

I just found the Wetervelt stories by luck, and I must say that I love them all. I would have to say that Alpha Wolf was my favorite. I can't wait for the next one to come out.

nisenays said...

read what he said gucci replica bags Continue replica louis vuitton Visit Website replica designer bags