- 2013 (115)
- 2012 (299)
- 2011 (392)
- 2010 (372)
- Love Can Be Murder, paranormal style!
- CONTEST IS CLOSED...
- IS IT HERE YET?
- A Salute to Men
- Hair today...
- Interview with Paige Tyler
- END OF SUMMER EVENT
- Creating and (Living with) the Alpha Male
- Taking a step. Taking a breather.
- I interviewed PR's own J. Hali Steele!
- Interview with Lee Morris-Editor in Chief of Eirel...
- WHO'S POINT OF VIEW??
- Bring it Back! Thursday Presents: Blood Ties
- Life...and other incomprehensible puzzles
- The Paranormal in my Real Life
- The Void
- Book Trailers - Do they help sell?
- Science Fiction =/= Paranormal
- Just Gotta Write
- We Got An Award
- Her Wolf: The Westervelt Wolves Book 1 Releases
Monday, August 10, 2009
What is the void? A little deep for Monday, you may wonder. Pull up a chair, sip your coffee, and contemplate this question. It’s an empty place. Be it in your heart, soul, or life. It affects everyone at some point or another. Sad but true, there is a silver lining. Without the void we wouldn’t appreciate the things that fill our existence.
Why am I writing on such a dark topic?
1. This is Paranormal Romantics. LOL
2. I’m in a void.
That spot writers find themselves between books. Not a block, I know what I’m going to write next. The dead space between when you’ve finished one work and stretch and say, “Am I ready to start again? “ I’m not. My brain hurts and needs to sit back to relax for a few days. The last time I went through this, it took me a month before I could commit to a character and her story. My next manuscript will be long and soul searching so I hide in my void. Once my courage has gathered enough I will venture into a new place and get sucked back into writing again. Then the sleepless nights of typing will start but truly, I’ll be happy.
Am I the only nut on this crazy train?