Monday, August 31, 2009

Love Can Be Murder, paranormal style!

Hello! It's great to be here at Paranormal Romantics!

I love the paranormal romance genre. It's my all time favorite. Even when I write other stories, romantic suspense, etc, paranormal elements tend to find their way into my writing. What can I say? I write what I love.

I think that's the most important thing for a writer to do. If you're not writing something you are passionate about, how are you going to convey that feeling into the writing? How is the reader going to be passionate about your story? Even if you're a fantastic writer, I think it's important to write what you love, because if you don't, it's going to show through.

In my new book, Love Can Be Murder, I've included my most favorite paranormal characters. Vampires, ghosts, and witches! Love to read them, and love to write them. So, I figured, what could be better than having them all together in one book?

I really enjoyed writing this book. It never lost my interest, the way some stories do. I enjoyed myself the whole way through, and I hope it shows.

I'm very excited to have my first release with The Wild Rose Press. And I'm thrilled to say that as of last night, my book was at #4 on the bestsellers list for paranormal romance! It's very thrilling! I hope that you will find it to be an interesting read, too.

Without further ado, I give you Love Can Be Murder...



Alexander Forsythe, a one hundred and three year old vampire, has an unwelcome house guest- a ghost by the name of Abbie Cowan. Not only does she throw temper tantrums on a regular basis, but she’s trashed his home and belongings. It’s time for her to be evicted.

Willow Cowan, the local witch, is a descendant of Abbie. Although Alex can’t stand witchcraft, he knows he needs Willow’s help to remove the spirit. Willow is not so sure she wants any part of a ghost hunt, until she sees a priceless family heirloom on display in Alex’s home. She agrees to help him in exchange for the necklace, though Alex is reluctant to part with the expensive jewelry.

Can they learn to work together and get past their differences? Or will Abbie be the one obstacle they can’t remove?

Be sure to check it out at The Wild Rose Press!

For more information on me and what I'm working on, stop by my website. I'd love to visit with you!

9 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

Hi Sierra and welcome to Paranormal Romantics. I have exactly the same thing happen with my writing. I'm going about, thinking I'm writing a contemporary and boom there's a vampire. LOL. Thanks for being here.

Rebecca Royce said...

Sierra,
Just heard from Annie. She is having major computer problems. I have a message from her.

Rebecca

Message:

Sierra,
Thank you so much for blogging for me today. I can read it, but I can't seem to comment. You did a great job and everyone at Paranormal Romantics is so glad to have you here.

Annie!!

LM Spangler said...

Your story sounds wonderful, Sierra.

You also gave very good advice. If you don't love what your doing, how can anyone else? I agree with you 100%.

Great guest post today!

Liena~

Sandra Sookoo said...

Welcome! I have written a paranormal mystery as well. But I'm different. I can write paranormal then leave it at the door in favor of writing another genre :-) Your books sounds great!

J Hali Steele said...

Welcome to PR, Sierra, what a wonderful post.

Your cover with the necklace is striking and so fitting to the story. It sounds like a fantastic read.

Congrats on being #4 on the paranormal bestseller list! WTG.

Sierra Wolfe said...

Thank you so much for the comments. I'm so glad everyone seemed to like my post.

I love the cover, too. It does fit the story so well. I had to email the cover artist the moment I saw it to tell her how good a job she did!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has paranormal creatures sneaking into my stories. :D I have written a couple books without them, but they didn't feel quite the same.

Annie, so sorry you are having computer problems. I hope you get them fixed soon!

Thank you so much for the welcome! It's great to be here!

Kathye Quick said...

Hi Sierra -

I love paranormals. Can't write them, love to read them. I'll put yours on my list

Sierra Wolfe said...

Thanks Kathye! I'm with you, I love to read them. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have them to read! I don't really have another genre that calls to me like this one.

neendedi said...

browse around this website replica designer bags important link replica designer bags sites replica wallets