Friday, February 3, 2012

It's Friday

Did he or didn't he? Is it true, can he really do that... or not? Old, this guy's got to be older than dirt, or is he truly a magical being? Do you believe in his predictions, or know anyone who does? He holds court over his very own inner circle and has a handler dedicated to his well being. He's the real deal. Copycats have sprouted up around the country, some in larger versions, one prehistoric! How'd all this start, and why him?

These thoughts rolled around my mind yesterday, February 2, 2012, Groundhog Day. I'm talking about Phil, Puxatawny Phil of Punxsutawney Pennsylvania. Let me end by saying this: If I crawled out of my hole at the crack of dawn on a cold-as-hell day greeted by a bunch of hairless (in Phil's estimation) giants dressed in black top hats and tuxedos--I'd scurry back inside too!!

Brings me to the rest of my post. Nothing special, just a few pics of wonderous animals who hibernate or migrate and could therefore be considered weather forecasters of a sort. Be they right or wrong, they're all beautiful creatures. Enjoy!


Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-J. Hali Steele

No comments: