Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Must Watch

It's heading into Christmas Time. I LOVE Christmas and it's mostly because of all the AWESOME Christmas movies I can watch.

I love Christmas Movies. So here is my top list of movies I NEED to watch in order for it to be Christmas and they're in no particular order:

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. My love for this claymation classic by Rankin & Bass knows NO bounds.

Such is my love that I have nice collection of Christmas toys of these guys. I have two Bumbles, several Rudolphs including one my DH made for me last year at Build-a-Bear who I have out all year.

I also have a Burl Ive's Snowman. "Silver & Gold"


"Can anyone tell me what Christmas is all about?"

Sure, Charlie Brown. I can tell you and I can tell you that I watch you every year and several times and that I often will dance like you crazy kids dance.

Though I doubt I'll name Lucy the Christmas Queen any time soon. I'm sorry, but she's still a bitch.

"You hesitated. You had to think about it for a minute. I know when I've been insulted. I know when I've been insulted."

"You'll shoot your eye out kid!"

This movie was filmed in several locations where I grew up. It was kind of surreal and this movie always had my Dad howling with laughter. Me too.

Fragile, must be Italian.



The most horrific fun old fashioned family Christmas ever.

I can pretty much quote this movie and my favorite line "We're going to have a hap-hap-happy Christmas since Bing Crosby tapped danced with Danny Fucking Kaye. Where's the Tylenol."







Another Rankin & Bass wonder. Frosty. I'll always remember Jimmy Durante and I always cry when Frosty melts and Santa saves him.

Still to this day. Damn you Frosty.



I wonder if Binky will save Christmas again this year?

This is now my kid's favorite Christmas Special. I have all of these on DVD.

"I remember when all we had were wood burning cats!"

"Bizarre."


A very rare one. One that's hard to find, but is my favorite Muppet movie is a Muppet's Family Christmas. It featured the Fraggles and one of Jim Henson's last appearances.

"It's cold enough to freeze your Winnebago."








Another rare one is Santa Claus, The Movie. It was before Tim Allen took over the role and when you say Santa Claus every one assumes Santa Clause with Tim Allen, but this movie starred Dudley Moore as an elf who just wants to help Santa an evil Toy Maker John Lithgow and an orphan boy who is adopted by the lonely Santa and Mrs. Claus.

Obscure and weird? You betcha, but a wonderful holiday movie.










You have to be Canadian to probably know who The Raccoons are. Last year I found a VHS copy of their Christmas Special and I almost lost it. I was so excited to hear that familiar theme song and to see Bert, Melissa & Ralph join forces with Schaeffer the dog to save the forest from destruction by the evil Cyril Sneer who was a giant pink aardvark.


Okay, here is the iconic The Santa ClausE and it's one of my favorites. Actually, I like the WHOLE series. All three of them, even though the Escape Clause with Martin Short playing Jack Frost was a bit cheesy. What drove me nuts was Tim Allen mispronouncing Canada as KAHNada. WTF dude it's CANada.












And last, but not least White Christmas, which I watch every Christmas Eve. EVERY Christmas Eve. Yep. I love it.

I do love Bing tap dancing with Danny *bleeping* Kaye.

I love the costumes and the music and when they surprise the General. Tears every time.

"Gee, I wish I was back in the army!"

Just gorgeous. All of it.



And that's on my must play list. What's on yours?



1 comment:

Diane Burton said...

Another Christmas movie lover! I posted on my blog about movies yesterday. Brilliant minds think alike. :)