Wednesday, June 28, 2017

For the Love of Wolves by Barbara Edwards

I love wolves. I think I’ve loved them since I was a child. 
Why?
I don’t really know except I was fascinated by their beautiful faces and intelligent eyes.
Wolves are interesting if you take the time to study them.
They are monogamous. A single mate for life. Which means they are more faithful than many humans.
In a pack, the alpha male and his mate will have the first litter if there is enough food to support pups. In an abundant area, the other pairs will have litters in order of dominance. Wow. Who would believe wild animals practice birth-control?
wolves hunt as a pack. They will take turns running down a deer or moose. Each wolf resting between runs. 
Wolves were almost decimated by cattle ranchers in the Western states when they were blamed for large numbers of deaths in the young animals. A bounty was given for the scalp. A nasty reminder of the Indian wars.
Recently wolves were reintroduced to Yellowstone National Park and the pack is thriving. When we visited we were told it was very unusual to see them. they are extremely shy. To my shock, my husband was driving one of the forest roads when a wolf crossed the road in front of our truck. I had the camera in my hand and was too surprised to snap a photo.
The love of wolves is probably the reason why I love the werewolf pack in my Rhode End Series. I’ve based their pack law on the real wolves loyalty and intelligence.

Check out Ancient Blood 

After narrowly escaping a stalker’s vicious attack, Lily Alban is left with the ability to see human auras. After moving to the tiny hamlet of Rhodes End, she finally feels safe, and against her better judgment, falls in love. But she soon discovers the man she loves is not a man at all. As a botanist, werewolf Cole Benedict has dedicated his life to researching healing herbs to find a cure for Lycanthropy. He resists his attraction to Lily to protect her from the beast inside him. But when Lily’s stalker threatens her again, he’s determined to do whatever it takes to keep her safe. Even if that means embracing the instincts of his wolf. Together they must use extraordinary gifts to catch Lily's stalker before he attacks again. But will revealing their inner-most secrets to one another destroy their growing love or save them both? 

Ancient Blood (Finding Rhodes End Book 2) 
by Barbara Edwards is available 
Link: http://a.co/6mOWH09



8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love wolves too. I love everything about them. Reading fiction about men who shift in to wolves is fascinating. This is a great blog and a great book blurb.

CJ Burright said...

I've always thought wolves were awesome too...and I didn't know animals practiced birth control. That's fascinating!

Nightingale said...

Enjoyed your post. I now know more about wolves.

Diane Burton said...

Very interesting post, Barb. Wolves look so much like many dogs, esp. German shepherds. Beautiful creatures.

Barbara Edwards said...

Hi victoria,
thanks for the compliment.

Barbara Edwards said...

Hi CJ,
It is based on the amount of food available to the pack. Better than animals who eat their young.

Barbara Edwards said...

Hi Nightingale,
Glad I could spread the word.

Barbara Edwards said...

Hi Diane,
You're right. My Malinois has that pretty shepherd face.
Love it.