Monday, August 27, 2012

Castles, axes and swords...oh my!




I'm just back from a short holiday and thought I'd share my pics of Warwick Castle, mainly as it's a castle, there are kick-ass giant machines there and knights in armour thwack other knights with lances and take chunks out of each other with swords and great big axes. What's not to love about that? ;-)


A knight always goes into the melee miked up :D

This is the working trebuchet - it stands about 80 metres and lobs rocks across the forest in the morning. In the afternoon, it lobs fire. They also have a ballista, but this is static as it's aimed at the houses just outside the castle walls. I don't think they'd appreciate having a boulder the size of an car tyre smash through a roof... ;-)

And last, but not least, the raptor display...


Credit goes to my other half for the photos :D

Kim

-----------------
Kim Knox brews sex, magic, darkness and technology in a little corner of North West England. She writes erotic science fiction and fantasy romance for Carina Press, Ellora’s Cave, Samhain Publishing, Cleis Press and others.

SYNTHETIC DREAMS and BITTER HARVEST are available now from Carina Press. 
AT THE SORCERER'S COMMAND and DARK DEALINGS coming soon




1 comment:

Kristen Painter said...

Hey, I've been there! Cool spot. Nice to see the pics!