Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Please allow me to introduce myself...

...I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Okay, not really, but it has come to my attention that I've blogged here three times and, as of yet, still haven't really introduced myself. I've talked about the Steam Punk World's Fair, I've talked about graduation day and the class of 2012, and I've talked about the vagaries of sudden illness and family crises, but I haven't said 'Hey there, I'm Robert! How goes it?'

So.

Hey there. I'm Robert C Roman. As you might guess from me showing up as a guest at the Steam Punk World's Fair, I write Steam Punk. Specifically, I write a Diesel Punk series called Iron Angel. I'm also the author of the Artifice series, which wavers like a drunken sailor between Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy, although lately it seems to be stumbling more toward the latter than the former. I also write Science Fiction, both Space Opera (Blank) and Superheroes (Blue Bloods). Both of those will be showing up in September on Juke Pop Serials.

My post in June kinda let the cat out of the bag about me being a teacher. Specifically, I teach Biological Sciences at WWHS down in lovely Camden, NJ. I used to do tech support, I used to do project management, I used to do a lot of things that made more money, but I could never explain my job with three simple words like "I'm a teacher."

I'm married to the Ur-Goth, a woman who grew up idolizing Emma Peel, Catwoman and Morticia Addams. We've been together eighteen years this September, and I'm still as enthralled with her today as I was the first time I saw her in the icy rain on the tarmac of the Philadelphia International Airport. We've got two little boys who keep us busy.

So that's me. What I write, what I do, who I am. Good to meet you!

No comments: