Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Never Give Up, Never Surrender

I’ve been catching up on Glee since …well I think the last episode I watched was Rocky Horror Glee.

It’s been a while.

Anyways, I’ve been catching up with Glee on Netflix.

This week I heard Will Scheuster say this to Finn Hudson

“It’s not the broken dreams which break us. It’s the ones we don’t dare to dream.”

This quote spoke to me on so many levels because this year I made one of my goals come true when I sold to Harlequin.

I absolutely refused to sit there and “let” my dream come to me.

I never wanted to look back and regret it.

Plus the voices in my head wouldn’t let me.

I’m where I am because of hard work and never giving up. Rejections, sure I’ve got them. Any writer worth their salt gets them.

Bad reviews. Yep, got those too and though they sting it’s part of being an author.

I move past them after some chocolate. I don’t lash out.

I hold my head up high and work harder.

And I’m going to keep working hard, bettering myself, learning and becoming an even better author.

This is what I signed up for the moment I decided to become an author. This is what I wanted.

And I hope I write until I drop and it will be a life without regrets.

The point of this little ramble is to hopefully inspire aspiring writers or even just people who are trying to obtain any goal in their life.

Don’t give up the dream because you’re scared. You’ll regret it if you do.


And I’ll leave with a bit of an inspirational song:
You can find out more about Amy here: Website: http://www.amyruttan.com Twitter: @ruttanamy Blog: http://amyruttan.blogspot.com

No comments: