Sunday, October 29, 2017

Halloween Festivities and the Pass of Time...Plus Vampires with @MeganSlayer #vampires #novella #gayromance #halloween

Halloween is sort of a bittersweet time of year for me. It's the changing of the season. The leaves are starting to fall, the temps are cooler and I can break out the comforter again. It's when the decorations start coming out and everything looks festive...if not a little creepy. I love it.

I'm a cool weather kid. Not COLD weather, but cool. I like when I can snuggle up. I'd rather be chilled than sweating any day.

But this time of year is bittersweet, like I said. The sports season my family takes part in, cross country, is mainly over by Halloween. The weather is a tad too chilly for running, although they still do get out there. But it's the end of the season. Another year done. One year closer to when I don't have an athlete in the house. Boo.

Then there's the change in attitude. We used to carve pumpkins and trick or treat. Pumpkin carving should still take place, but I'm the one usually doing it. No one else wants to handle the muck. Ha ha. But the trick or treating... I never thought there was a time when you were too old to T-or-T. As long as you're not causing trouble and you're having fun... I don't see an issue. But there are rules restricting the age of some T-or-T-ers around where I live. So my family doesn't T-orT any longer. Nope. I buy a chunk of fudge, usually peanut butter fudge for the manchildren to devour and maybe a box of chocolate covered strawberries for me and that's it. Kind of sad. No candy to last forever. No candy-fest the night of Halloween.

So what do we do instead? A Halloween run, of course. I'm not much of a runner. My knees can't handle it. I used to dance in high school and one too many connections with the concrete floor did more damage than I'd like to admit. But I try to run. I get out there. My family, though, they are the runners.

Instead of a big bag of candy, they'll get yet another drawstring bag, but also the thrill of accomplishing a run. The thrill of making great time and having fun while sweating in costume. I'll be there, dressed as Wendy from Peter Pan and cheering. Why not? It'll be a good time.

But that's why this season is bittersweet. We've gone from costumes and T-or-T to running. The scare factor is still there, but it's also included with thumping shoes and getting up at the butt crack of dawn to hustle. Could be worse. Could be no Halloween at my house at all. I'm okay with the change. I'm getting used to it. We'll watch scary movies, a few not so scary ones and the Garfield Halloween Special. I'll do their makeup for the run and we'll do a lot of laughing. It'll be worth it.

Besides, I still have my black cat decorations all over and my scary vampire obsession. Speaking of vampires...

Here's a little bit about my latest novella, Biting Love. It's part of the series I wrote as a crossover to Madison Sevier's Rosie Peaks series. Check it out!!

Biting Love By Megan Slayer A Rosie Peaks Crossover Novella
Megan Slayer Publications
M/M, Anal Sex
Vampires
Contemporary, Paranormal

 Mix one vampire with one human who doesn’t believe in the paranormal and add some sizzle.

Anson wasn’t looking for a partner when he spotted the handsome human, but he’s not about to argue when the mood strikes. He’s got to bring a date to the Halloween bash and Parker fits his bill exactly. Now all he needs to do is convince Parker that vampires truly exist.

Parker is practical, intelligent and a little on the geeky side. He can’t believe his eyes—a handsome man has not only hit on him, but asked him out…to a masquerade ball. He doesn’t believe in vampires, but Anson wears his Dracula costume a bit too well.

Can these two find love and trust after all or will the sparks only last until the dawn?
 Universal

Link: https://www.books2read.com/u/3nOWlBAmazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075MHSXYL/Amazon JP: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B075MHSXYL/Amazon CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075MHSXYL/Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075MHSXYL/Amazon DE: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B075MHSXYL/Amazon FR: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B075MHSXYL/Amazon AU: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B075MHSXYL/



Megan Slayer - It's Always Fun to Squirm

Subscribe to our newsletter ~ http://ymlp.com/xgjmjumygmgj 

2 comments:

Maureen said...

It's sad that communities are restricting the trick or treat ages. We have some around here that do that- not ours yet. I believe it's for fun and if you want to put a costume on, if you're 5 or 50, I'll give you candy for your efforts :) Although I guess changing to running might be better than a bunch of candy ;)
Enjoyed your post!

Diane Burton said...

Fun post, Megan. I'm a cool weather kid, too. Love when I can snuggle under the covers, provided Hubs doesn't steal them. Hahaha. I enjoy the trick or treaters. Last year, it was warm enough for us to sit outside on the driveway and give out candy. Crossing my fingers it doesn't rain this year. We'll have our toddler granddaughter with us (in costume, of course) to help pass out candy. Should be lots of fun.