Sunday, January 28, 2018

Why not Winter? by Barbara Edwards




After suffering through some wicked winter weather, it occurred to me that making winter a character in a book might be fun. I didn’t have to think about the strengths or weaknesses. 
I quickly realized winter is very popular with paranormal writers. C.L. Wilson featured The Winter King in a recent book. I loved the hero who’s heart was slowly freezing as he fought to save his world. 

I often use winter in my own writing. Late for the Wedding, a novella, takes place during a New England blizzard. Although winter isn’t a character, it does drive the plot.

Or Dixie’s Gift takes place during a snow storm. 
A sweet Christmas story to warm your heart.

I’m thinking about a character. Of course he could be cold or the other extreme of very hot.
Hmmm. That’s a thought. A hero who fights winter.

Do you have a winter character? Tell us more.

Late for the Wedding (Twelve Brides of Christmas Book 2) 
by Barbara Edwards 
Heather Green will do anything to make her twin’s wedding perfect. Despite an impending nor’easter, she sets out with the wedding dress, cake, favors and cake topper in her car. As the snow piles up, her car is wrecked and she barely misses injury in a major accident.
Nicholas Burnes would rather be ensconced with his latest cuddle than drive a tow truck, but his brother needs his help. He reluctantly agrees to help Heather find a way to the wedding locale, but when the storm closes the roads, he ends up offering her shelter in his penthouse.
Warm and rested at last, Nick and Heather explore their powerful attraction to each other, only to part when he delivers her, on time, to her sister’s wedding. But weddings breed weddings…


Please follow, friend or like me. I love to hear from my readers.
Amazon Author’s Page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003F6ZK1A










3 comments:

Maureen said...

I've grown to like winter. It gives me a good excuse to stay inside and write. I enjoyed your pictures!

Barbara Edwards said...

Thanks, Maureen

Diane Burton said...

Barb, you always have such interesting pictures. I'm not fond of the bitter cold (makes my joints ache worse), but the beauty of snow/ice on the landscape brings a freshness to the world. Unfortunately, around here, the pristine white soon turns to brown and slush.