Tuesday, February 22, 2022

It Never Gets Old and Writing Out of Your Comfort Zone

 First of all - Did you notice the date 2-22-22? It’s a palindrome date, which means it’s read the same both backward and forward. Not to mention it can be called Twosday 2/22/22 on the second day of the week. LOL Due to the date's repeating numbers, it's considered an angel number in numerology, or a number bearing particular energy or universal message. Numerologists also claim the Once-In-a-Lifetime date 2-22-22 will deliver big energy for connections of all kinds, personal, professional, and romance. I think written  2-22-22 it looks cool. LOL

But I digress… Back to the topic at hand, the excitement of holding your novel in your hands never gets old. I received my print books of AN ANGEL’S WYLDER ASSIGNMENT the other day, Taco and 
Mystic had to help me unbox them.  Holding my sixteenth book in my hands was as exciting as my first one. What fun!

This book is a bit different than I usually write. An historical, time travel, western, mystery, paranormal romance. Whew. Writing out of your comfort zone can be down right scary. At least it was for me. Making sure I had all the nuances right for a story partially set in 1878 required research and a plan. Even then, I made a few of mistakes the historical writers in my publishing group were quick to point out. Sigh. However, I got through it and am especially proud of the results. I may even attempt another. We’ll see. I believe stepping out of my comfort zone, enhanced my writing abilities. If you’ve never written out of your comfort zone, you might want to try it some time.


So what’s An Angel’s Wylder Assignment about?

Angel Killian Dugan’s annual trip to the family castle in Scotland is shattered by the arrival of Legion Commander North. Killian’s skills are needed for an urgent time travel assignment. A rogue demon has escaped back in time. He must discover the why and where then stop the demon before it can damage the past and change the future.

Killian’s girlfriend Chinoah Grace, a Native American shapeshifter is included in the mission, which takes them to the wild west town of Wylder, Wyoming in 1878. She will have her hands full fitting in and making friends. Nothing is as it seems. They encounter visions, spirit quests, and a mysterious shaman. On top of it all, blending in as a blacksmith is more physically difficult than he imagined. But not as challenging as keeping his hands off his undercover wife. Will they complete their assignment or run out of time?

Buy Links:

 Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Angels-Wylder-Assignment-West-ebook/dp/B09PJQYXMX/

 Barnes&Noble  https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/an-angels-wylder-assignment-tena-stetler/1140834339?ean=9781509240050

 Ibooks - https://books.apple.com/us/book/an-angels-wylder-assignment/id1602043436

Thanks for reading, see you next month!

 

  



9 comments:

Diane Burton said...

That's cool about the date. One of my cousins married on 10-10-10 (2010).
To write in a different genre (or sub-genre) takes research and a lot of reading in that genre to get the readers' expectations right. I write in 3 genres--sci-fi romance, romantic suspense, mystery. It does keep you on your creative toes. Looking forward to reading your newest.

Nightingale said...

I'll be interested to see the product of your writing outside your genre! Best of luck with that but it should be fun.

C.Becker said...

Dates are fun puzzles for some people. I had a cousin who got married on 9-10-11. Then a year later another cousin married on 10-11-12.
You book sounds intriguing on my many levels. Historical writing takes a lot of research. Congratulations to you! May this be your best book yet!

Tena Stetler said...

Diane, Linda and C. Becker thank you for stopping by and for the support for my new book An Angel's Wylder Assignment. I hope you'll all take a chance and check it out. It was a learning experience, I admit, but I learned so much and it did turn out great.

Nancy Gideon said...

What a fun post! Sounds like just the kind of read I need on this cold, drizzly day, filled with all the (non-caloric!) ingredients I love. Congrats and good for you for trusting yourself with taking on a slightly scary project. In my opinion, those always prove to be the best kind!

Tena Stetler said...

I totally agree with you Nancy! Thanks for stopping by and reading my post!!! Have a terrific Twosday!!!

Maureen said...

I'm all for some positive energy today! Congrats on the new book. Sounds like a great read! I love that Misty and Taco helped to unbox, lol. And you're right- it never gets old!

Jessica E. Subject said...

I agree with Diane in that writing in a new genre does require a lot of research. And a lot of reading in that genre/sub-genre. Definitely fun to try something new though! Nice post!

Tena Stetler said...

Thank you Jessica and Maureen for stopping by. So glad you enjoyed the post. Positive energy is a must these days!