Monday, March 7, 2022

Kaddim Brothers ~ A series about family


KADDIM BROTHERS ~ A SERIES ABOUT FAMILY

Hello everyone! Can you believe it's March already? Every years seems to fly by faster and faster!

At the end of February, the second book in my Kaddim Brothers series released. It is Genj's story. He's a shy and clumsy alpha space racer who has had an enormous crush on his younger brother's best friend for half his life. Genj is very different from Vawn, and from Ret, the brother whose story I'm writing now.

In writing this series, I was inspired by a video of seven guys walking together in racing suits with their helmets under their arms. For copyright purposes, I'm not sure I can share. But you can find the video here. My inspiration came at the end of the video. But I didn't want to write a story or series about seven racers. So I did a lot of pondering as to how I wanted to turn that image into a series. That's when I decided to focus on three brothers. 

The most important part was making all three of them different. And I think I've succeeded in doing so to this point. While the three brothers grew up on the same planet with the same parents, they always wanted different things. 

Vawn is an omega who always dreamed of having a family while being a fashion designer. His life wasn't always easy, as you can read in his book, but he managed to find his happily ever after.

Genj, as I mentioned above, is a shy and clumsy alpha. He never really knew what he wanted to be growing up, and never believed he was alpha enough to go after his crush. He ended up following his older brother to Eurebly to become a space racer, where he learned he has a talent for racing. He does find his happily ever after, but he needs a few nudges from his brothers to get there.

Ret is the oldest of the three. An alpha who always wanted to be a space racer, and has never allowed any romantic relationship to last more than one night. I'm writing his story right now, so I don't want to give anything away.

Since the three are brothers, there are scenes where they interact with each other and other family members. And their personalities must shine through here. But there is another family that I talk about in this series. The team.

Two of the three brothers are on the space racer team, ORIXA. Since the five members of the team train and live together for the majority of a star cycle (year), they do become very close like a family. So, their interactions are just as important as the three brothers when they're together.

Here's a snippet from GENJ, showing some family and teammate interaction... This is in Genj's point of view. Enjoy!

“Would you two stop it already?”

I glanced up after kissing Utahn’s neck, meeting my brother’s annoyed glare. “What?”

He sneered at me. “It’s sickening seeing you two all lovey, especially when it took the two of you forever to finally get together. I’m used to this behavior from Qé and Xac, but, somehow, with you two, it’s worse.”

Utahn shifted in my lap. “Well, if you had selected a more interesting holo-movie, we wouldn’t have had to occupy ourselves with other things.”

Qé laughed from the couch across the room.

“Hey.” Ret pointed to Utahn. “You be quiet. If not for me hacking into the hotel’s reservation system, and spilling my drink on the couch, you two still wouldn’t be together.”

“Um, what?” I tilted my head to the side, very confused. “You and Utahn planned this?”

Utahn jumped around to face me. “I had nothing to do with that. I’m not complaining that it happened this way, but none of it was my doing.”

Ret chuckled and shook his head. “No, it was Vawn who gave me the idea. We were both sick of hearing you two whine about how much you like each other. But now I’m regretting that. Can you please separate your mouths from each other for a bit?”

“It’s been a bit already.” Utahn cupped my jaw before kissing me.

Divine.

With a groan, Ret stood up. “It’s time to head out for dinner soon anyway. The all clear from the sandstorm came during the movie, so I’m going to have a quick shower.” As he passed Ilam, he placed his hand on the rookie’s shoulder. “And I’m very thankful I’m not the only single one here. Ilam and I are going to be bachelors for life, never committing to anyone.”


GENJ

Kaddim Brothers book two

by Jessica E. Subject

Genj is a cinnamon roll alpha. Even as one of the circuit’s best space racers, he’s shy and rather clumsy. Not qualities anyone wants in a mate, especially the omega he’s crushed on for years. But when Genj invites Utahn on a whim to visit him for a weekend, the omega agrees.

Utahn never expected his best friend’s older brother to reciprocate his feelings. Genj is a space racer, and everyone in the universe knows they rarely commit. When the two get together, sparks fly. And what once seemed impossible becomes a dream come true.

But situations change. And past relationships have a way of interfering with new ones. Can Genj and Utahn work through past traumas, or were they never meant to be more than a childhood crush?

Available in ebook and paperback:

Amazon US | Universal Buy Link

Also find Genj here:

GOODREADS | BOOKBUB



8 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

Do I sense Ret and Ilam are going to be the next "thing"? I thought I felt a spark . . . write faster!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Oh, there are a lot of hints throughout Genj as to whom Ret will end up with. But it won't be an easy ride. I'm trying to write faster! LOL

Maureen said...

Thanks for sharing! I love to hear where authors find their inspiration to spark their next book- or series!

Diane Burton said...

Great excerpt. That last line--famous last words??? Congrats on your new release. Your stories are so interesting.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thank you, Maureen! I'm already starting to plot out my next series. LOL But, I must finish writing RET first.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thanks so much, Diane! LOL Yeah, he's going to be eating those words.

Keri Kruspe said...

Thanks for sharing, Jessica. I love all things SFR, so your books are on my TBR pile and I can't wait to meet the Kaddim Brothers :)

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thanks so much, Keri!