Monday, September 26, 2022

Goodbye to the Wylder West by Marilyn Barr

 Saying goodbye to a series is bittersweet. This year the CEO of The Wild Rose Press announced the end of The Wylder West romance book series. I’ve loved writing in 1879 Wylder, WY and enjoyed the camaraderie with the other Wylder authors. Frankly, I could have written about my sexy, leather tanners for a dozen more books. It is my pleasure that I introduce you to my last Wylder West books and the Wylder sisters, Ava and Abigail.

After the contracting of Dance to a Wylder Beat, I set out to make my critique partners and beta readers happy by granting their one request. While I fell in love with the alpha-male Nartan Sagebrush, they fell in love with his cinnamon roll brother, Ikshu. The overwhelming response to Dance to a Wylder Beat was “when does Ikshu get his happily ever after” and “when will Ikshu’s book be finished?” The original plan was to force him to open up by pairing him with a soiled dove from the Wylder Social Club. However, Fate intervened. The call for proposals for the Wylder family gave me the idea to pair shy Ikshu with the youngest Wylder sister…but she wouldn’t be a good girl… Wicked Ava Wylder is my favorite character that I’ve ever written (and I know we aren’t supposed to have favorites.)

I was shocked when my proposal was accepted. It was such a longshot. On October 12th, Sound of a Wylder Silence will be available on most major book retail websites. Here’s more about Ikshu’s book:

Ikshu Sagebrush lives in the shadows of his mystical brother, loudmouth sister-in-law, and the trauma he endured. When a chance meeting with a Christmas angel makes him consider stepping into the light, Ikshu calls to the spirits of his ancestors to help restore his voice.

 Ava Wylder is no angel, but her wicked ways are the catalyst Ikshu needs to face his inner demons and build a life. She would gladly trade her family’s wish for her to become a lady of a manor house in New York for the natural beauty of Wylder and a simple existence with Ikshu. When their families and community status step between them, she cannot fight for their love alone.

 Will Ikshu find his voice to make his intentions known, or let true love slip through his fingers?

 (Pre-order available here - https://storyoriginapp.com/universalbooklinks/f3942c18-134f-11ed-b914-c32445638a6b)

 Once Dance to a Wylder Beat won the Crowned Heart Award from InD’Tale magazine, I dared to submit a proposal for the older Wylder sister, Abigail. I couldn’t believe another author hadn’t written her story already. Could lightning strike me twice and my proposal would be accepted for a second sister? In Sound of a Wylder Silence, Abigail is described by Ava as someone like me - a perfectionist. Did I dare to tell my super personal story of miscarriage, survival, and second chances? I submitted the proposal a heartbeat before The Wild Rose’s Christmas company shutdown, so I would forget about it. I never thought I would be so fortunate to write both Wylder sister’s stories.

When the response came, it took me a week to open the email. Writing Abigail's story used a few boxes of tissues, so you may want to grab a box when you read it. I’m proud to unveil the cover and blurb for Hush Little Wylder, Abigail’s heart wrenching story and Boone Silver’s introduction to the Wylder West series.


Picture-perfect Abigail Wylder rushes home to save her family’s reputation, but no one knows her behavior while in England is another scandal she must conceal. Will her secret embarrass her family more than her sister’s new mystical in-laws or her father’s deteriorating mind? Unwed and four months pregnant, it won’t be long before her dresses can no longer hide her shame.

Boone Silvers has carried a torch for Abigail Wylder since he was a teenager. When he discovers her baby’s British father has rejected her, he offers to step into the role. He believes he is the luckiest barber in Wyoming with a second chance to have a family after what happened to his first wife.

Secrets swirl around the couple until a tragedy shines a light on all their faults. Will Abigail choose happiness with Boone or do the unthinkable just to save face?  

Trigger Warning: Assault (not by hero), Miscarriage

 Hush Little Wylder is still in post-production, but you can pre-order Sound of a Wylder Silence here: https://storyoriginapp.com/universalbooklinks/f3942c18-134f-11ed-b914-c32445638a6b

Or catch up with the Sagebrush Brothers in Dance to a Wylder Beat for 99-cents here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0951NLCZW/

1 comment:

Nancy Gideon said...

I've fallen behind on this series. Now that the days are colder, it's time to warm up and get Wylder.