Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Five Reasons it Might Be Purfect to be a Cat

 By Maureen Bonatch


My second book in the Witch Shifter Series, A Creepy CATalyst released last week.

In this paranormal cozy series, the main character discovers that she’s not just a witch.

She’s a witch that can shift—and usually she shifts into a cat. 


For Abigail, being able to shift comes in handy when she’s solving mysteries

with her cat familiar, Olaf. But when I thought about it, there are other good

reasons to be a cat. 

Here are a few of my favorites:

  • Intimidate everyone else with one look
  • Sleeping, eating and playing make up your entire day.
  • The world is your playground and your favorite toy is a box. 
  • When you get tired of someone—just bite them.
  • Stellar night vision—THIS!


P.S. This story also has a ghost in it.

Just in time for the spooky season! Here’s a little more about A Creepy CATalyst.

Since Abigail has either fingers or paws, she must work with the witches, and the familiars, on this ghostly murder mystery.


Being a witch who can shift has its perks—seeing ghosts isn’t one of them.

 

Hell-o, it would've been nice if someone had warned me that my ability

to shift into a cat enabled me to see ghosts. I spent a good ten minutes

explaining my new pet sitting business to a spirit. I thought something

was off about her, but I wasn’t expecting that!If only I could understand

what she was trying to tell me, because it turns out she was murdered.

She’s followed me home until I can figure it out. And now I must care for

her familiar until the inconsolable cat is assigned a new witch. Moving the

ghost and her keening cat out of my house can’t happen soon enough.

 

When old grudges are revealed, the list of suspects grows. And it

includes a young witch at the Home for Wayward Witches, who’s flaunting

too much attitude and power. It can’t be her, can it?

 

With a killer on the loose, everyone’s got a finger or paw to point.

Since I have both, I’m caught in the middle of this murder mystery.

Let’s hope I can solve it before an innocent witch gets accused,

or worse, someone else dies.


Check out the Witch Shifter series right here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B6FPCDWT



It's Spooky Season!


You can't have too much magic and paranormal reads this time of year. So I have some freebies for you as well as some books to add to your TBR.

 

Free Cozy Mystery Books

 

Click here to fill up  your TBR with some Free Cozy Mystery Books: https://books.bookfunnel.com/cozy_mystery_obsessed/9uag5sctff


 

 

 

Paranormal Women's Fiction & Cozy Mysteries

 

Want more magic and mystery? Then check out these Paranormal Women's Fiction & Cozy Mystery books right here: https://books.bookfunnel.com/pwfparacozyreads-oct/a7glgx11je

 

What’s Your Favorite Thing About Being a Cat?


 


Maureen Bonatch lives in a magical world as a novelist, and as a nurse leader in reality.

Maureen’s first novella was a paranormal romance published

when blogs were a new-fangled thing.

She’s since changed her focus to writing paranormal cozy mysteries

as M.L. Bonatch and urban fantasy as Maureen Bonatch. 

While she’s not busy writing or doing nurse-things, she’s a mom to her twin daughters, bicycling in the beautiful woods of PA with her hubby, doing the bidding of a feisty Shih Tzu, and dancing as much as possible. She believes music can be paired with every mood, laughter is contagious, and that caffeine and wine are essential for survival.

https://www.maureenbonatch.com/free-book/


Keep the conversation going by joining my Facebook Group right HERE! https://www.facebook.com/groups/630494098126926

11 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

LOVE that cover . . . and, being a Cat mom for three . . . anything to do with cats!!

Maureen said...

Thanks Nancy!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Congratulations on your new release, Maureen! Night vision would be cool, but I would like to be able to move like a cat. Land on my feet, and fit through tiny spaces.

Diane Burton said...

Not a cat person, sorry. A stray "adopted" my dad who never wanted pets. Cat would hide whenever anyone came over, esp. kids. After my dad died, the cat always sat in Dad's chair. He'd let you pet him for a short amount of time then he'd bite and jump down. Give me a dog anytime. LOL Love your cover, Maureen.

Maureen said...

Thanks Jessica and Diane! Jessica the landing on my feet would be a good thing! Diane- we always had cats while I was growing up, but hubby is allergic so we've had dogs since then.
We tried with a cat once, and I had to decide between keeping the cat, or hubby, lol.

Tena Stetler said...

Ohhh, this sounds so good! Right up my alley and in time for Halloween! Can I purchase it at the usual places?

Maureen said...

Thanks Tina! I guess I forget to put a link for the series/book- sorry about that! Right now, it's available at Amazon/KU:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B6FPCDWT

Nightingale said...

I have a strange aquatic cat. I know, but he curls in the wet basin or hides in the folds of the shower curtain and swats the waterfall. Kit-Kat is having an identity crisis. He thinks he's a black Lab .I'd like to be a cat on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Your series sounds fun. good luck wit it. Halloween is near.

Maureen said...

lol about the cat that likes to play with water- how cute!

Tonja Drecker said...

Love the cover!

Maureen said...

Thank you Tonja!