Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Making a Deal with a Devil by Nancy Gideon

Authors who write paranormals have the best possible job. We deal with making the impossible possible. We tame demons and dragons. We walk on the dark side of every imaginable situation to find that HEA. They are my favorite books to read and write because even your worst nightmare sometimes deserves redemption.

My first trip to the “Other” side was back in the 1990’s when my editor at Zebra (Love you, John S!!) met with me at a conference and asked if I would be willing to write a vampire romance. Maggie Shayne’s unique series had just hit big, and the genre was wide open for the first time ever. Would I? Would I ever! I had a three-book proposal waiting on his desk Monday when he got back from the conference and my “Touched by Midnight” series was born.

MIDNIGHT KISS, MIDNIGHT TEMPTATION and MIDNIGHT SURRENDER were something a little bit different. They were historicals that followed the same eternal frenemies from the 1500s to the present, two best friends who happened to catch the attention of a very bad, bad girl. One becomes her slave and the other, her obsession. That trio of unique books grew to nine total in the care of BelleBooks (originally ImaJinn, the first publishing house devoted to the paranormal formed by bestie Linda Kichline after we’d had lunch and discussed the need for an outlet for the books we both loved to read and write). They’ve been reissued in print and e-format so new readers can still sink their teeth in and enjoy!

Published: May 3, 2011
Length: 230 Pages

At the moment, in honor of the WooWoo season, I’m reading through the series again, and loving every page – especially those devoted to Gerardo Pasquale, my favorite bad boy. Currently, I’m devouring MIDNIGHT REDEEMER, the first book of the series set in present day, and find myself wondering, Hmmmmm, there must be more to this story I have yet to tell . . .

And for those who love this spooky season as much as I do, here’s a list of scares HBO Max is offering to those brave enough to watch. I’ve seen 20 of them (Comes from having a horror-fanatic son). How ‘bout you?


Have a Happy Howloween, and don’t dip too deeply into that candy bowl!

♚♚♚♚♚
Nancy Gideon on the Web




1 comment:

Diane Burton said...

I've mentioned before how you introduced me to vampire romance novels. I read everyone of your Midnight series. Fascinating.