- 2013 (96)
- 2012 (299)
- Please welcome Sidney Ayers!!!
- Science Fiction isn’t just space ships and aliens....
- It's Friday
- Please welcome Melissa Jarvis!!!
- I'm clearly having one of those days
- My Apologies...
- Portia Da Costa: Walking on the Wild Side Books
- Please welcome New York Times bestselling author, ...
- Cover Love
- It's Friday
- Please welcome Nina Pierce!
- It Takes a Village
- Taking the Plunge – Becoming a Writer
- Please welcome Angela S. Stone!!!
- Laptop Woes
- It's Friday...
- My Paranormal Love Affair by guest blogger Nichell...
- Striking Story Gold
- Getting Over My Fear of Aliens by Jessica Subject
- Who Loves Smoothies? Guest Post by Mima
- Whatcha reading?
- L is for Lies.
- To Beer... or not to Beer
- The Truth is Out There
- What Does Your Writing Say About You?
- I'm Late! or Catching Up with Rebecca Royce.
- Guest Blogger Shiela Stewart
- A Round of Applause!!
- K is for Kiss
- Quench that Thirst!
- 2010 (372)
- 2009 (174)
Friday, July 29, 2011
Six phases of a WIP... with pictures. Which phase are you at?
First day with the new WIP, listening to Jazz, and everything is beautiful.
Days pass and top 40 Hits race through your mind.
The original premise starts to slip away.
Two weeks later, heavy metal sounds bang away at your brain.
The story begins to take on a life of its own!
Three weeks of pounding the keyboard, the walls are closing in.
You feel bloated and sluggish due to stress, too much caffeine, and too little exercise.
A month has passed. Your eyes twitch from staring at the computer screen.
You forget what a good-hair-day feels like.
Weird strains of Gangsta Rap blare in your ears.
There are new voices in your head!
Unknown, nameless, characters chattering away about their lives,
telling you what they want, how and when they want it.
You run… and run–but you can’t get away.
Is there a cure? Sure there is. Finish this story, remember the beauty of the first day—
and start all over again!!
Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele