Saturday, October 29, 2011

THE DREAM by Rhonda Print

I awoke from the dream with a sharp intake of breath, sitting bolt upright in bed. Sweat beaded on my forehead and my eyes danced nervously around the room, searching the shadows for what I knew I would not find.

I told myself that it was only a dream.

Except that it happened each time I closed my eyes.



The slide of skin on skin as his calloused hands carressed my body. Then the slick roughness of his tongue as it trailed his fingers, setting my already sizzling nerve endings frantic with desperate desire. His scent was that of the outdoors just before a storm; that fresh, heady aroma that fills the senses. His voice a deep whisper as his breath tickled my ear.

“Do you want me?” He asks.

“Please!” I beg as I arch up into him.

Then his laugh. Deep and throaty, filled with the pleasure of a man who knows he has me on the threshold of climax before he’s even entered my body.

His lips steal my words as his body thrusts into mine, finding a rythym that hits the spot only he can set afire.

Just before my body surrenders to him and my scream begins to bubble in my throat; just before I reach that final release; a large shadow looms over us and rips his body from mine. I roll to the side as large raking claws come toward me.

I slide off the bed then fall in an unending spiral in darkness until I wake in my own bed, sweating, terrified and frustrated with need.


A gust of breeze and a flash of lightening illuminate the sheer curtains covering my open window and startle me from my thoughts.

Or are they memories?

I shoved my hand through the disarray of my hair and let my feet hit the cool wood of my bedroom floor then crossed to the window. The room was thick with humidity and hot as hell.

A clap of thunder followed by a quick flash of lightening highlighted the outline of a man in the windowframe and made my blood run cold with fear.

I blinked and the shadow was gone.

“Damn!” I cursed aloud. “This dream has got to stop!” And in that moment I decide that first thing in the morning and I’d call my mom and see if she could recommend a therapist. Maybe if I interpreted the dream, it would go away.

I caught a faint whiff of smoke and the acrid taste of sulfer as I slammed the window shut. I turned back toward my bed and shrieked as a branch scratched across the surface of the window.

Disgusted with myself I crawled back into bed. I pulled the covers over me then kicked them off again as I rolled to my side. I concentrated on relaxing each part of my body and just when my eyes seemed to heavy to keep open, a chill filled the room like I had just walked into a freezer.

I turned to the window.

The curtains once again billowed in the breeze, dancing in the wind.

“Who’s there?” I called shakily.

“Do you want me?” A familiar voice echoed in the darkness.

“Please!” I whispered.

His laughter filled the room.



I hope you enjoyed this short Halloween teaser. You can find more of my work at www.RhondaLPrint.com Read on for the blurb from my recently released book, THE ORDER OF CHAOS available at Liquid Silver Books, http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com/books/theorderofchaos.htm Amazon http://www.amazon.com/The-Order-of-Chaos-ebook/dp/B005U5JE9I/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1319433243&sr=1-1 and all major distributors.




One man possessed her heart. The other possessed her soul.



Both had betrayed her.



Leah Wolfe, a federal agent for SINS, Supernatural Investigations of Non-Human Species is determined to move on with her life and master her own gifts, including the ability to speak to the souls of the dead. Her ex-fiancé, Joaquin Wildhorse, was unable to accept her gifts and gave himself to another. Ian Nightwalker was more than willing to soothe her broken heart.



With a prominent member of The Marquis, the vampire ruling council, intent of coming to Leah’s hometown, the threat of Chaos touching everyone she loves brings her down a path to work with both Joaquin Wildhorse and Ian Nightwalker once again.

The Order of Chaos grabs the reader on the first page and leads them on a journey full of romance, action and suspense as it follows Leah into her first official case with SINS.  Leah is a strong-willed, kick-ass heroine who has conquered a life full of adversity with grace.



NIGHTWALKER: A LEAH WOLFE SINS NOVEL is the first book in the series and if available at http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com/books/nightwalker.htm





Don’t forget that one commentor will be chosen to receive a free copy of NIGHTWALKER: A LEAH WOLFE SINS NOVEL.
May your Halloween be filled with mystery and romance.

15 comments:

elaing8 said...

Hot and creepy all at the same time.love it :)
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Shonna said...

I think I would like to have a dream like that.

Shonna said...

I love series books so this is a big plus for me! I know I am going to enjoy this one, for sure!

Unknown said...

Total coolness and then some! These are looking good!

Jennifer Mathis said...

where do i sign up for them dreams at ?
meandi09@yahoo.com

dawnmomoffour said...

Very shexy ;-) Sounds like an awesome book! TY for the giveaway.
-Dawn aka dawnmomoffour
thedoyle6@rogers.com

Sheri Fredricks said...

Your Nightwalker novel appeals to me! And love that cover too.

Sherifredricks@charter.net

Rhonda L. Print said...

I'm so glad you all stopped by today! You can find out more about my current and upcoming books at www.RhondaLPrint.com!

Thank you all and Happy Reading!

The Brunette Librarian said...

Thank you for sharing! I really enjoyed the excerpt. Great story for Halloween :D

rachie2004 AT yah00 *d8t* c-m

Happy Halloween :)

Pretty Eyes said...

Super sexy - you have me intrigued.

prettyeyes(at)gmail(dot)com

Arianne said...

Sounds like an interesting book! :D
email: cruz042 at csusm dot edu

mnjcarter said...

This book sounds great and The order of Chaos has been on my TBR list for a few days!! Saw a few of your blogs about this book!

mnjcarter@charter.net

Eva's Flowers said...

You are a new author for me, I love the way the Nightwalker stories sound, will definitely be adding to my TBR list :)

Eva
evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

June M. said...

Thanks so much for the excerpt. I have seen a few posts in the last couple of days on different blogs about your new book. I am very interested in them.
June M.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

Annie Nicholas said...

contest is closed