Friday, October 28, 2011

It's Friday

The weekend before the ghosts and goblins ride at night. Don't forget the Paranormal Romantics Halloween blog-a-thon this weekend. You'll have a blast along with the opportunity to meet authors and win prizes.

Today I'm talking about pumpkins. I'm a big fan of the Food Network (especially Cupcake Wars *grin*) and their specials. Really got into the Halloween Wars - the pumpkin carving was absolutely phenomenal!! I remember my Dad taking us to the local orchard this time of year to pick apples and buy a few pumpkins. We painted some, carved a few and put candles inside then placed them on the porch. I still think about how sore my hands would get cutting and digging inside the pumpkin. There were some ugly pumpkins in this bunch! Gives me a greater appreciation for what the carvers on the show did. When I had my son, tried my hand at growing pumpkins. Got a few, but nothing to rave about. Did make some awesome pumpkin pies though, and always enjoyed roasting and salting the seeds. Right about now I feel like belting out Memories... *laughing my ass off* Lucky for you, you missed the sour notes.

Anyway, hope the Food Network doesn't mind my touting them and showing off some of the results from the show. If you get to see it in reruns, you have to see these guys at work. To see more results, visit: http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/halloween-wars/pictures/index.html. Plus, there are some good recipes for pies and roasting seeds: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/using-pumpkin-seeds/index.html. Enjoy!


Again, don't forget to stop by for the Blog-a-thon. Until then -

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-J. Hali Steele

No comments: