Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Greatest Villain by Sara Brookes

Halloween is always the time of year when I get to dig into my holiday decorations and pull out what had come to be my favorite decorations. If I had it my way, I’d leave some of it up all year long. See, a few years ago, Disney finally decided it was time their villains got their due. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of the princesses and the romance writer in me always wants to see her get her happily ever after. But there’s just something about the villains…

But one stands out of the bunch for me, and that’s where my Halloween decorations come in. The very first time I read Sleeping Beauty, I found myself more interested in Maleficent than in Aurora. No one’s fault really, I’m more apt to be drawn toward tortured and lost souls. I always feel as if they have a more interesting story to tell. So, thanks to Disney’s expansion of their Villains line, most of my Halloween decorations have something to do with Maleficent.

What can I say? It ain’t just the bad boys that do it for me.
Tell me you if you have a favorite villain (doesn’t have to be Disney) and who it is. One lucky commenter will win a download of the winner’s choice of my backlist.
Good luck!


Sara
2011 PRISM Winner--Midnight's Ghost
www.sarabrookes.net

11 comments:

Arianne said...

My favorite villain is ERIC NORTHMAN from the Sookie Stackhouse series/True Blood tv show. He's adorable and charming and dangerous :)
email: cruz042@csusm.edu

Beth Caudill said...

I love Maleficent. It's the purple dragon thing.

The Brunette Librarian said...

My favorite villain is "Hades" from Disney's Hercules. He's soooooo cocky and full of himself...you just love to hate him :) He's quirky too, which I love!

rachie2004 AT Yah00 *d8t* c-m

elaing8 said...

My favorite villain is the demon Al from Kim Harrison's Hollows series.

elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Shonna said...

I like all villains. They are what make my heart pound.

Shonna said...

There is no story without an evil villain so I love them all

Jennifer Mathis said...

my fav disney villian is ursilla


meandi09@yahoo.com

Eva's Flowers said...

Oh my favorite villain is Spike from the Buffy/Angel shows. Sexy vamp hotness!! :)

Eva
evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

*yadkny* said...

My fav villain is from Disney... Cruella DeVille. Love'd her theme song and the remake of the cartoon to movie. I think they picked the best actress to play her.

yadkny@hotmail.com

June M. said...

My favorite villain would have to be Dr. Hannibal Lector from the Silence of the Lambs and such. Even though he was a crazy, sick person, he was cool.
June M.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Definitely Maleficient. I tell my kids that I am the Mistress of All Evil and my daughter contstantly begs me to not do my mu-hahahahaha laugh in public. It's so hard to hold back...

We did Disney at Halloween last year and it was MAGNIFICIENT. Even the fireworks were villainous! :)