Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Night by Felicia Rogers

Night falls. Blackness envelopes the landscape. Wind whistles through the trees, rustling the leaves. Dead leaves, already gracing the ground, crunched underneath booted feet. The ancient wooden structure nestled within the wood beckoned. The sound of shifting from the dilapidated cabin sends shivers down his spine.

Air releases in quick breaths, appearing as clouds of white. Every action is a test. One in which failure is not an option. To fail mean destitution, loneliness, alienation, while success designates glory and honor.

Pulse rate quickens, sweat gathers, as the sight looms ever closer. The sounds of children laughing and playing echo in the distance but he doesn’t allow this to distract from the goal. Something otherworldly resides here. All the local kids talk about it, know about it. They gloat as if they’ve personally met the beast within but he knew better.

Anyone who truly approached the house, whose foot graced the split boards of the porch, anyone who really made it that far would never share what they saw. The horror of the event would be enough to staunch the flow of any braggart’s mouth.


Adams apple bobbing, he moved steadily forward. Accepting the challenge had been foolish. But now the die was cast, his fate rested before him. The boys dared him to walk up the sidewalk, step up onto the porch, approach the closed door and knock and then to wait until an answer came. Sounded simple enough. There was only one problem. No one knew what rested behind the door. After all it is Halloween…anything is possible…

For each of us what lies behind the door is different. Everyone fears something. And nothing makes those fears escalate quicker than the darkness of a Halloween night.

So tell me…what do you fear? The prize for sharing will be an ecopy of my YA paranormal suspense, The Key. This read is full of mystery, suspense, and most of all…the unknown…







Blurb: A teenage girl suffering from a family tragedy, Maddie Clevenger is oblivious to the ancient mystery surrounding her. She's young and incredibly unlucky, in life and in love. She should be enjoying her senior year of high school, but instead she is tormented by a reoccurring nightmare and a very real stalker. But all that changes when Chase Donovan, an Air Force brat with a protective streak, shows up at school. Will Chase be the key to helping her solve her stalker problem? Will he be the key to solving the mystery surrounding her family's past?

And don't forget the sequel, Mara's Secret, to continue the mystery...



Felicia Rogers



"The Holiday Truce"
"The Key" (YA paranormal/mystery).99 AT AMAZON/SMASHWORDS FOR A LIMITED TIME
"The Perfect Rose"
"Mara's Secret" sequel to "The Key"
"There Your Heart Will Be Also" (historical suspense)
www.feliciarogersauthor.webs.com
http://www.facebook.com/feliciarogersauthor


12 comments:

Sondrae Bennett said...

A giant spider. I know a spider is a bit boring, but nothing freaks me out more. Even though I know they're harmless. Just thinking about one gives me the willies!

elaing8 said...

Well if its behind that door..the fear of the unknown,adrenaline pumping through your veins, scared at what might jump out at you or drag you inside.
I like to know what's going to happen.I even read the last page first in my books.

Great post.
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Jennifer Mathis said...

small dark places terrify me .

Unknown said...

Bugs and spiders

Shonna said...

Bad Dreams!!!

Shonna said...

A noise that wakes me from sleep makes my heart race

eyeballlucy said...

Would love to win a copy of Felicia Roger's book 'The Key'..........babyruthmac16@yahoo.com

Pretty Eyes said...

Definitely snakes! I can't stand the Indiana Jones movie where they have a room full.

The Brunette Librarian said...

Silly - but I hate spiders. Doesn't matter what size...I have it my head that they will bring their families back to attack me. Crazy crazy spiders. oye. :)

rachie2004 AT yah00 *d8t* c-m

Arianne said...

Oh my gosh, what do I NOT fear? I'm scared of mostly anything! esp animals... any living being for that matter - including humans
email: cruz042 at csusm dot edu

mnjcarter said...

Creepy things swimming around in a lake while I'm swimming in it. Especially huge snapping turtles!!

mnjcarter@charter.net

June M. said...

Well, spiders and clown creep me out. I don't really fear them but I do hate and try to avoid them.
June M.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com