Saturday, October 29, 2011

Let Your Imagination Run Wild by Sondrae Bennett

A lot of people ask me why I write paranormal. But I have to wonder, why wouldn’t I write paranormal?



Imagine a world devoid of life, or imagine a world very similar to ours, but different. Now imagine there are no rules, no laws of nature or man, except for those you create. The possibilities are endless. You can create creatures with tails or ones that shift into animals. You can create people with superpowers or bring ancient myths to life. Now imagine there are hundreds of such worlds available to play with, to create, to tweak. As a writer of paranormal/fantasy romance, there are endless worlds.



 Just as there’s something magical about the world of romance, there’s something equally magical about escaping into a world where different rules apply. And writing paranormal, fantasy, and sci-fi provides freedom to create those worlds. Anything I can imagine or dream up can exist in one worlds or another.  That creature from my nightmare last night could be the villain in a new series. That fairy princess could be the next heroine.



And that’s what I’ve done with my Alpine Woods Shifter series. The world shown in the series is hidden within the one we know, but plays by its own set of rules. People shift into every type of animal imagined. They have their own society with their own judicial system, while still managing to exist in ours. And they all have the compelling urge to find their mates. The person they will share a unique bond with. In Arctic Winds, Jason feels a connection to Samantha as soon as he sees her, but the human side of him needs to be certain before tying himself to her forever. In Chasing Paradise, Ethan denies his mate, having too much fun being single to tie himself down. Both books follow them as they fumble through their respective relationships to discover what is truly important to them.



I will give away an ecopy of either Arctic Winds or Chasing Paradise (winners choice).











18 comments:

Jennifer Mathis said...

i love that they shift into all kinds of different animals

meandi09@yahoo.com

Sondrae Bennett said...

Thanks Jennifer! And thank you to Paranormal Romantics for including me in the Blog-a-thon!

heather said...

Tough choice, they both sound so good. And I love your reason for writing paranormal, about imagination and endless worlds because thats why I read paranormal.
chamblinh@gmail.com

elaing8 said...

Sondrae you are a new author to me. These books sound really good.

elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Sheri Fredricks said...

Hi Sondrae ~ All the impossible is made possible in paranormal. Your blurbs look delicious!

Thanks Paranormal Romantics!!

sherifredricks@charter.net

Shonna said...

This is what makes this contest so much fun! Learning of authors you have def missed out on. I will be telling me friends to check out your reads

Shonna said...

Looking forward to reading your books. They sound really good!

Beth Caudill said...

Love the Arctic Winds cover. Can't wait to read your take on werewolves.

Sondrae Bennett said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone! Good luck to you all in the giveaway!

The Brunette Librarian said...

I honestly think paranormal is my favorite genre. There is just so much room to change and do things. Rules can change and there is world building.

Thank you for sharing!

rachie2004 AT yah00 *d8t* c-m

steph beck said...

I love, love love reading and writing paranormal. Sometimes that little extra fun makes the world a little brighter :)

s.becken@yahoo.com

Sondrae Bennett said...

The Brunette Librarian - I agree. Even between two different vampire books or shifter books there are different rules of the world. I love watching the worlds take shape when I'm reading.

Steph - I agree. That little extra fun makes a world of difference. I love reading contemporary and historical as well, but there is something about paranormal that really draws me in.

Annie Nicholas said...

I love reading stories with complicated world building. One story that always come to mind in The Last Airbender cartoon. I bow to that writer.

Pretty Eyes said...

I love the premise of both ebooks, and I am happy to see you are on Kobo here in Canada. Lovely thoughts.

prettyeyes(at)gmail(dot)com

Arianne said...

oh my.. the cover of Arctic Winds is far from ice cold :D
email: cruz042 at csusm dot edu

mnjcarter said...

Love what you said, A lot of people ask me why I write paranormal. But I have to wonder, why wouldn’t I write paranormal?

Awesome answer, I love reading paranormal. It's a complete fantasy world!

mnjcarter@charter.net

Eva's Flowers said...

And I love reading paranormal stories, reading about creatures you (authors) create is a very magical experience for me. As you said there are 'endless worlds' out there and I want to read each and every one of them! :)

Eva
evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

June M. said...

I love reading paranormals because the authors can use their imaginations and make their stories different from everyone else's.
June M.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com