Saturday, October 29, 2011

What scares the crap out of me?? by Christa McHugh

Well, it’s definitely not blood and guts. I’m a doctor. I deal with that on a daily basis.

I could say the idea of Sarah Palin becoming president scares of the crap out me, but thankfully, she’s not running in 2012. J


Oddly enough, what scares the crap out of me every single time goes back to a trip to Las Vegas. My husband (who was then my boyfriend) and I went for a fun weekend, and he ended up dragging me to the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton. Yes, you can see where this is heading…

The one thing that scares the crap out me is the Borg.


Yes, I could say the Borg scare me because I’m already seeing the melding of man and machine these days in the medical field and know we’re probably only a few decades away from that. Or that the Borg all share the same “mind”, forcing everyone around them to assimilate and smothering any free thinking or individuality.

Or maybe it was the way the seat twitched when they sent out those little mind control bugs. All I know is that when my husband puts on anything that has to do with the Borg, I get a serious case of the willies and have to leave the room.

What scares the crap out of you? One commenter will win a $10 e-gift card to either B&N or Amazon, along with any title off my backlist.

_______________

Crista McHugh is an award-winning Fantasy and Paranormal Romance writer. Her latest book, The Tears of Elios, is available now at Amazon, B&N and other bookstores. You can visit her at her website, www.cristamchugh.com



15 comments:

The Brunette Librarian said...

Sarah Palin scares me too...oye all that craziness in such a small package. :) You post made me smile today!

rachie2004 AT yah00 *d8t* c-m

The Brunette Librarian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deena said...

OMG! The Borg scare the crap out of me, too! Seeing the lingering effects on Jean Luc was horrifying! In reality, though, a power outage at night kills me. It makes it ultra-quiet and ultra-dark. Creepy crawly, other-wordly things like to come out then, I swear it... ;)

Unknown said...

Bugs scare me. I'm really scared of spiders. One bit me last year. It took about 2 weeks for it to heal. My neighbor got bit by a brown recluse and it put him in the hospital for a few days. Cancer also scares me.

elaing8 said...

LOL at Sarah Palin.I'm not American but I see where you're coming from.
What scares me? Heights.I won't even go close to an edge to look over.Totally freaks me out.
When it comes to reading though, nothing really scares me.I'll read just about anything.
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Annie Nicholas said...

I love the borg. It brought so much depth to the series and Jean Luc Picard, one of my favorite bald heros.

Jennifer Mathis said...

dark small place scare the crap out of me

meandi09@yahoo.com

Shonna said...

When life stresses me out I have this one same scary dream that is so real that I truly scream in my sleep and my husband has to shake me to wake me up. When we were first married it would really upset him but after all these years he doesn't even lift his head off his pillow her just gives he a shake until I stop screaming and drifts back off in no time. LOL!

Shonna said...

Noises that wake me from a sound sleep and I don't know what caused it

Brenda Demko said...

Spiders, snakes , and all creepy crawly things scare me. Thanks for the giveaway!

Crista said...

Thank you all for commenting and sharing what scares the crap out of you! :-)

Brunette Libraian, I'm so glad I could make you laugh today. Humor is my way of dealing with scarey. :-)

Deena, yes, power outages can be scarey, too, especially it you have spindly trees waving outside waving in front of your window like long fingers.

Amy, eeks! I'm glad your spider bite wasn't a brown recluse. Those are nasty.

Elaing, yes, heights creep me out a bit, too, especially when you get on top of a tall building and can feel it swaying in the wind...

Annie, I think Jean Luc of my fav Star Trek captain, but the I can't watch the Borg episodes. *eeks*

Jennifer, I totally understand on you on the small dark places. I'm so claustrophobic.

Shonna, I was just reading a conversation on a forum about night terrors. Several other people stated that they worsen when they're stressed. Hopefully, you hubby knows how to soothe you afterwards.

Brenda, do you need a show to smash those creeply-crawlies for you?? I take it you close your eyes during the spider scene on Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, eh? :-)

Arianne said...

A lot of things scare me. Squirrels is one of them. any animals that come near me freaks me out and I just want to melt or disappear in thin air.
email: cruz042 at csusm dot edu

Eva's Flowers said...

I am scared of pitch black, I cannot sleep without a small night light *g* seriously I couldn't sleep if it was totally dark!

Eva
evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

June M. said...

Nothing really scares me but I hate clowns: They are just evil. I think it goes back to IT by Stephen King and the serial killer John Wayne Gacy. But I have to admit that being in crowds freaks me out and causes panic attacks (feel like I can't breathe).
June M.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

Annie Nicholas said...

contest is closed