Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Doing Something New with Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer

When I do interviews, there is always a question that comes up.

What have you wanted to write but haven't done so yet? And which genre do you want to write in but haven't?

It would seem pretty simple. I haven't written in __________. But it's not.  There are a lot of things I'd like to do, worlds I'd love to write in and places I'd like to visit. Some are good Wendi ideas and some fit better with my Megan titles. And that's cool. But to keep them straight, I keep a list. It goes something like this:

* Write a merman
(I'd love to, but I know nothing about them save for the Little Mermaid and I don't think that cuts it)
* Write a wolf shifter
(Now this I did as Megan finally. I wasn't really aiming to do it, but he just sort of showed up. I couldn't tell him no)
* Write a story set somewhere exotic
(To be honest, I tend to write about places I've actually been. I figure it makes the scene feel that much more realistic. But hey, I'd love to visit London)
* I'd love to try my hand at a purely SFF romance.
(Would help if I knew something about SFF and didn't have to fall back on my knowledge of Star Trek the Next Generation as my sole SFF experience)

The list isn't too long at the moment. Give me time and a chance to talk with the muses and my BFF and I'll come up with more, I"m sure.

What are some things you'd like to do? Things you haven't done before or genres you haven't written in? I'd love to know. Come on over and share! I won't bite. Much.



~


Want to know more about Wendi Zwaduk? Here you go:

I always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I earned a BA in education at Kent State University and currently hold a Masters in Education with Nova Southeastern University.

I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. I’m published with Total-E-Bound, Changeling Press, Liquid Silver Books, Turquoise Morning Press, Decadent Publishing and The Wild Rose Press. Come join me for this fantastic journey!

If you like my work, tell your friends and email me. I love hearing from readers!
~


Now here's a little bit more about my take on The Phantom of the OperaThe Phantom of the Opera
Gaston Leroux and Wendi Zwaduk
Total-E-Bound
Novel
historical
m/f, bdsm, spanking, multiple partners
Available here!


The Classics Exposed…

A chance sighting at the Opera, fated love, and three lives in turmoil.


One man pledges to own her, while another wants her heart. The Opera sets the stage for romance and intrigue. In the catacombs below the building lives a man rife with sorrow and passion. The Phantom. But he’s not content to live alone. He wants to possess the one woman who can set him free.

His Christine.

Viscount Raoul de Chagny doesn’t believe the rumours of a Ghost living below the Opera. He only has eyes for Christine, his childhood friend and first love. Together they embark on a sensual journey of discovery and fiery desire.

But she can only have one man. Will love raise her up or tear their world apart?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Games are very popular and provide entertainment for all kinds of people. Most homes have at least a single gaming platform. Obviously that shouldn't mean that you already are aware of everything there is to know about video games. Use this article to provide you with some great tips to enhance all that your video games have to offer.

Any game you give your child should be age-appropriate. You can do this easily by checking the game's front packaging or cover for the age rating. Some online games focus on violence, which you should avoid.

Are your kids' games age appropriate? This means you're going to need to look at the warnings on the backs of the games to figure out if they're a good fit for your kids. There are many games that actually promote violence; these you may need to steer clear of.

Before you allow your children to play a online game, ensure you understand its rating. Some games have violent content and are meant for people that are over 18. Violence can give your children the wrong values, which may show later in life. Try to refrain from computer games that promote violence for your children's sake.

One nice thing you can do for your children if they play computer games is to set aside a specific room (a basement is ideal) for their hobby. Kids can be noisy, so putting them elsewhere can keep your home more comfortable. Try designing a video game area.

Utilize the security and parental control tools offered by most games. You may want to see if this game can be played online. If so, limit your children's Internet access. Also, keep an eye on the requests for friends and how much time they can play.

Update your graphic drivers. If you do a lot of your gaming on your computer, you probably will want to have as clear a picture as possible. This is why you need the current graphic drivers. You can venture on over to the device manager section on your computer and see your latest graphic driver, then head to manufacturer's site to see if any new updates became available.

You don't have to play online games on a wii - if you are reading this, you obviously have an Internet-enabled device, and you can play games on that, too! Lots of console games also offer versions for computers, allowing you to play your favorite titles on any system.

There are many consoles out on the market, so it may be tough to find the best one for you. First, you should determine what your needs are. Once you do so, search extra features that the xbox offers. Do your research by using the Internet. Reviews of the different systems can be easily found. Be informed before you buy your gaming console.

Buying a new game is tougher than you may think. You might waste a lot of money on a game you end up hating. Read game reviews before making a purchase.

Figure out how to operate the safety and parental controls of any gaming system that comes into your home. You can likely make adjustments that keep kids from viewing mature content. Some allow each gaming profile to be customized separately, allowing adults to enjoy games not meant for younger audiences.

Almost everyone plays online games today. By following this article's advice, you can maximize your enjoyment from your video gaming. Be sure to have fun when playing.