Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bunnysmacked

Funny thing about being a writer. Sometimes you can be sitting there, minding your own business, and out of nowhere, a plot bunny comes up and smacks you silly. No, seriously. You don't have to think or strain or plot, because that furry little mofo knocks you over the head so hard you can't do anything but write what it tells you.

I was attacked by a rogue rabbit just before Christmas. It was vicious. It was historical. It was lesbians.

I'd been in the middle of another book, so I really didn't want to touch it, but it was tiny and cute, so I bent down for a closer look and ...

WHAM!

That little sucker got me. I was mortally wounded. I'd fight to get away and it would coo at me, say things like, "I already have the perfect title."

WHAM!

It got me again. I'd pull away only to have it suck me back in with beautiful promises. All the while, it was beating me to a bloody pulp.

And then, all those beautiful promises were fulfilled. The damn story was written. It was nothing I'd ever really planned on writing and everything I never thought I could manage. Selling her Sin is almost ready for a publisher.

So now, I'm putting the final touches on my first historical and my first F/F. It's a wonderful bunny, and  I hope you all like it. Just be careful. It bites.


3 comments:

Marguerite Labbe said...

LOL, well said. Some of those buggers are ruthless. Good luck with "Selling Her Sin."

Unknown said...

I hope your killer bunny finds a good home, too. Good luck!

Teresa Cypher said...

lol--this is a great post! Damned bunnies! :-)