Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Story Boarding



I'm new to the idea of story boarding. Heck, I'm still sure I'm doing it right, but what I am doing is helping.

Normally, I begin my stories with images in my head. They work themselves into scenes and I take notes. Once those are done, I string them together into a story synopsis so I can start the writing process.

Story boarding, from what I understand, is using images to do the above.

I think a lot of writers use pictures to help form imagery in their stories. Characters, scenery, etc...

And I have a pinterest account...

So I started placing my pictures in folders and when I saw them collected together the it helped me focus better on what I was trying to write. I placed these folders on pinterest to share.


Do you use story boards? What do you  do?

No comments: