Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Sinking Your Teeth into a Good Woo Woo Series


Ever since my oldest sister woke me up to watch after midnight creature features on our black & white after the folks were asleep, I’ve adored paranormal-themed TV! Series were hard to find, coming in sudden spurts then going back to ground: Dark Shadows (my favorite from grade school to high school soapy guilty pleasure!), Twilight Zone and Night Gallery, The Night Stalker, Journey to the Unknown, and The Invaders to True Blood, Vampire Diaries, and Buffy. And now the ultimate ability to binge watch on an endless parade of streaming channels! My latest indulges include A Discovery of Witches and Firebite (Aussie vampire hunters!!) with a touch of SciFi tossed in with The Expanse. My only regret . . . too little time to enjoy them all!


It seemed only natural for that obsession to transfer to my writing with my “Touched by Midnight” vampire and “By Moonlight” shapeshifter series, and even “In The Woods,” a novelization and partnership screenplay for a modern monster movie! I LOVE things that bump and bite in the night (not in actuality as I am a complete coward!). I prefer to prowl those dark corners and creaky stairs in my imagination . . . and on the page.


That’s why I love this blog! I’ve been introduced to exciting new authors, books, and movies from both inside our group and out in the wild through reviews. I’ve discovered gems I never would have found on my own that fed my imagination and filled my COVID lockdown hours. Never stop sharing!

I’m off to find a new favorite. What recommendations do you have?

♚♚♚♚♚
Nancy Gideon on the Web



2 comments:

Diane Burton said...

My enjoying vampires and shifters is all your fault. LOL Normally, I'm not a fan of creepy, scary creatures. You changed that. As your friend and Mid-Michigan RWA chaptermate, I was "compelled" to buy one of your books. Ever since then, I've been hooked. You do such a great job making a scary creature into a hero. And a lovable one at that.

Nancy Gideon said...

Told you you'd like 'em if you tried 'em! I said the same thing about romance novels once upon a time. Open minds lead to overflowing bookshelves!!