Saturday, January 22, 2022

New Year’s Resolutions – Love ‘em or hate ‘em? by Tena Stetler

 It’s my birthday!!! Well.. that doesn’t have anything to do with New Year’s Resolutions, but thought I’d throw it out there. LOL


I’m really excited about the release of my book AN ANGEL’S WYLDER ASSIGNMENT. It’s a bit different than I usually write. It’s a western, historical, time travel, paranormal adventure with a dash of romance. Whew! Want to know a little more? Okay.

An impromptu assignment for a Scottish Warrior Angel and a Native American shapeshifter from present day, must time travel to 1878 in an effort to unravel a dangerous mystery and create their future. It’s available for preorder right now. Releases March 9, 2022. https://www.amazon.com/Angels-Wylder-Assignment-West-ebook/dp/B09PJQYXMX/

Okay, now back to New Year’s Resolutions:  For me resolutions are few and far between. More like goals for the year ahead. How about you? 

  1. I cleaned up my writing cave and vowed to keep it organized in 2022. Like that’s going to happen. It’s where the magic and inspiration occurs for my novels. Ok, that’s not exactly true. Real inspiration usually strikes at the most inopportune times. Like standing in line at the grocery store, or while I’m driving on the freeway (I pull over before jotting down ideas). Which is why I always have paper, pen and ipad with me at all times. Yes, I even take them to bed with me. Well, at least I have paper and pen on my nightstand.
  2. I’m working at filing all the 2021 paperwork away and start new file folders for 2022. Good for me. Running a little behind, but I’ll get it done!
  3. Write everyday.
    1. Finish editing the first novel in my cozy mystery series and submit it. It’s been waiting patiently for a while. Hope my editor loves it.
    2. Start on the sequel to Mystic Maples. It’s going to be a fun one. Set in the family Irish Castle with a ghost to disrupt daily life and wedding preparations. Not to mention the mystery surrounding the ghost.
    3. Write 4,000-5,000 words per week.
  4. Get as much camping in as possible this year.
  5. Enjoy life! Remember my motto: "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW what a ride!"

As you can see my resolutions are few but lofty and attainable.  Don’t you agree?

The best news of all besides my new release is that this season's camping adventures will be here in the blink of an eye.


On our agenda this year is Cheyenne Mountain State Park, Rocking M Campground in Cripple Creek, and Mueller State Park.

  1. Then a week with friends at Pleasant Valley Campground near Salida, Colorado nestled along the Arkansas River at the foot of Monarch Mountain.
  2. May make it to Steamboat Lake for camping and kayaking. We’ll see how the summer shakes out.

If you have any suggestions for camping areas, please for heaven sakes tell me. I still have a few camping slots to fill, not to mention settings for my upcoming novels.

Until next month, stay safe, have fun, read a book, and enjoy life!

11 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

An enviable list . . . especially the travel! Rooting for you to achieve these fantastic goals.

Tena Stetler said...

Thank you so much Nancy!

Nightingale said...

Happy birthday! and your writing space looks great. The new book certainly sounds intriguing. Best of luck with it. I like your angel stories and wondered if it were the same characters as are in An Angel's Unintentional Entanglement.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Happy birthday, Tena!! Definitely sounds like great goals for the year! And I can completely relate to having a pen and paper with you at all times to jot down ideas. Plus, trying to keep the workspace tidy. LOL All the best with your upcoming release! Sounds fun!!

Tena Stetler said...

Linda, yes two of the characters from An Angel's Unintentional Entanglement, Killian and Chinoah are the main characters in An Angel's Wylder Assignment. Thanks for stopping by!

Tena Stetler said...

Thank you Jessica for stopping by. I think all writers have pen and paper on hand most of the time and well a tidy work space is really impossible, except after finishing a book and getting ready to start another. LOL

Tena Stetler said...

Linda, I forgot that Mystic and Caden are in the Wylder story too. I know you'll enjoy it!

Maureen said...

Great goals and sounds like a fabulous story! Happy 2022!

Diane Burton said...

What a great list. #5 is the most important. That's how I want to go too.

Tena Stetler said...

Thank you for stopping by Maureen and Diane! Happy 2022 Maureen and Diane!

Dan said...

Good luck with those resolutions. Writing and going camping sound like worthy pursuits.