Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Taking a Pause

Well, the blog's a little late this morning. I was up way past midnight out talking with an out of town friend so I'm a bit tired lol

It's one of those times again in my writing life that I'm finding it necessary to take a pause. For the last week I really haven't written anything. For the last month my numbers have been way down. It's not that I don't want to write. It's more like I open my Word docs and stare at the screen and nothing gets done.

Maybe my brain needs a break. Maybe I'm just taking my time on my books to make sure they're good instead of slapping words down and hoping it makes sense. The books are outlined so it's not like I don't know where they're going. I just don't feel the urgent need to write at the moment.

Books, blogs, promotions, it's all like whatever. LOL

Am I worried? Not overly much because I know there are months in the year that I hit the writing hard and churn out work. Other months, not so much.

I'm sure there are other writers out there that do the same thing.

Until the next time, make it great day!

3 comments:

Annie Nicholas said...

I hear you, Sandi. I try to take a break between books just to regroup. I think about my stories but don't actually take pen to paper. And it's SUMMER!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Yup, it seems like my brain shuts down every two months. I'm okay with that if it means my writing will be strengthened.

J Hali Steele said...

Sandi, bet those wheels are still slowly spinning gathering strength for the next round!