Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Settings

I was thinking about settings recently, because I hate flying and reading can sometimes take me to new locations. I really reading books set in different locations, but as I looked back on some of my favorite reads that I read over and over again I find I buy more books set in Montana, Wyoming, Alaska, Alberta.

Pretty much anywhere west and north.

I also like reading about Washington State.

Probably because I love out west.

I went out west in the summer of 2012 and absolutely fell in love with South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Alberta.


This picture is a picture just outside of Broadus, Montana at a rest stop on Highway 212. Right before hitting Big Horn country which is where Custer met his last stand.

There's something rugged and wild about the great plains, badlands and mountains.

I've started to set books in my favorite places.

Pregnant with the Soldier's Son is set in South Dakota
Mounted Release is set the in the Yukon
Private Release is set in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Wild Release is set in Jasper, Alberta
Building Bridges (In the Brought to His Knees Boxed Set) is set in Alberta

So, what are some of your favorite settings? Have you thought about settings before? Do you find you buy more books or write more books with particular settings?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Scotland is one of my favorite settings. Though Montana, and the northeast are close behind.