Tuesday, April 4, 2023

High school Memories: Love them or Leave them?

 By Maureen Bonatch 


In my opinion, it often seems like there are two kinds of people when it comes to high school. Those who speak fondly of those days past and refer to them as some of the best days of their life, and those who are happy to leave their high school days in the past. 


Me? I was happy to leave them behind to learn and grow from my experiences. Not that I don’t have some wonderful high school memories, but as a quiet, introverted girl, it presented me with some challenges. 


My short, sweet, paranormal romance, Witchy Memento, has my hero and heroine revisiting those high school memories with two different memories of their high school days. 



Will a past mistake determine their future?


Lucy is a witch with a successful business righting magical mischief. A call for help from her high-school heartache, Shane, prompts Lucy to manage his magical mayhem herself. No longer a nervous, hormonal teenager, Lucy takes the case to force an apology and bury her past humiliation. To her surprise, Shane insists he couldn’t forget Lucy—because she hexed him ten years ago. 


Witchy Memento is available for pre-order right here and will be released on April 6th as a Magic Crush Mini. Previously published as Witch You Were Here.

Did You Love —or —Were You Happy to Leave Your High School Days?

Looking to Get Cozy?

Check out these first-in-series Cozy Mysteries Right Here.



 


Fill Up Your TBR With Some Free Short Stories


Check out these free short stories Right Here





Just a small-town girl, Maureen Bonatch leads a double life. She lives in a magical world as a novelist, and as a nurse leader in reality. Maureen’s first novella was a paranormal romance published when blogs were a new-fangled thing. She’s since changed her focus to writing paranormal cozy mysteries and paranormal romance as M.L. Bonatch and urban fantasy as Maureen Bonatch. 


While she’s not busy writing or doing nurse-things, she’s a mom to her twin daughters, bicycling in the beautiful woods of PA with her hubby, doing the bidding of a feisty Shih Tzu, and dancing as much as possible. She believes music can be paired with every mood, laughter is contagious, and caffeine and wine are essential for survival.


 Sign up for M.L. Bonatch's Newsletter for free stories: https://www.maureenbonatch.com/free-book/


Keep the conversation going by joining my Facebook Group right HERE! https://www.facebook.com/groups/630494098126926





6 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

I was happy to put those days behind me with the exception of a wonderful cadre of smart, funny outcast friends from middle scho0l and the validation from some wonderful teachers that writing was going to be my life. And I used to time laps and hold sweats for the track and crosscountry team during practice and meets. Must have been where I got my preference for fast, hunky guys.

Tena Stetler said...

Yep, I was one of those glad to leave high school behind. Never really fit in anywhere. Love the sound of Witchy Mementos, I'll have to get that one.

Maureen said...

Thanks for stopping by!

D. V. Stone said...

Ugh, High School. Mostly I remember bullies. I ended up leaving school early because my dad died, and I had to help my mom on the farm. When it was time to go back, they said you'll have to do the two years. No way. I did an alternate education, with a work-study program, and graduated months ahead of everyone else.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Some years of high school were okay. Other years, not so much. And I would not want to do it again. I had some great teachers, learned a lot, and also learned how to teach myself some subjects. But, I've learned so much more since leaving high school.

All the best with your upcoming release! Sounds fun!

Diane Burton said...

Wow! I thought I was the only one happy to leave those years behind. I didn't fit in. Most the kids had been together since kindergarten, and I was the new kid. I had some great teachers, too, plus a couple of really good friends. It wasn't until our 50th reunion that I realized how much fun I did have in high school, thanks to friends who related those happier times. Your story sounds great, Maureen. Best wishes.