Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Greetings and an introduction!

Greetings all!

I'm the new kid on the block here, having been honored with a spot on this blog just recently so I thought I'd take a few minutes to introduce myself:

I got my start in writing when I was very young with an eco-friendly story about recycling called "Be Kinder to Your Binder" when I was in 5th Grade.

Yeah, I know.

I ended up cutting my writing chops in fanfiction with most of my work in the X-Files fandom where I not only wrote the mandatory million words but also found a mate - my sweet Wookie who first fell in love with me as a fan and moved it to the next stage, stalking seducing me to come to the US from my homeland of Canada to marry him and start writing full-time.

And now here I am with a successful superhero romance series with Samhain Publishing (Blaze of Glory) and an ongoing paranormal romance shifter series with Carina Press!


"Blood of the Pride" came out in February 2012 and began the story of Rebecca Desjardin, a cat shifter who... can't.

When a severed rabbit's paw is delivered to her office, outcast cat shifter Rebecca Desjardin recognizes the summons home. One of their own has been murdered--and a shocking photo published in a local tabloid--and her Pride needs Rebecca, now a private investigator, to track down the killer.
Investigative reporter Brandon Hanover wants to find out who slipped the photo of the half-shifted cat-woman under his door, marking him as a suspect in her death. Determined to stay one step ahead of the sexy journalist, Rebecca reluctantly agrees to partner with him to find the real murderer. But as their mutual attraction heats up, Rebecca finds it harder and harder to keep Brandon from discovering the existence of the shifter society--and her own true nature.
When the search leads them back to the Pride, Rebecca must attempt to Change for the first time in years to face the killer, and save the man she loves...



"Claws Bared", coming out on January 21 2013 from Carina Press, continues the adventures of Reb and Bran as they continue exploring their relationship and the two worlds they must live in.

Rebecca Desjardin, a P.I. and cat shifter, doesn't normally find herself in strip clubs. But a popular male dancer has been murdered in Pennsylvania, and it looks like the work of a shifter from the local Pride. Rebecca has a duty to help protect her kind--and she needs to find justice for the dead.
Her impromptu trip leaves her boyfriend, reporter Brandon Hanover, unhappy. He's only just come to terms with the fact that she's a Felis, and their relationship is still so new... Rebecca is determined to deal with the murder first, then deal with their future.
As her investigation unfolds, she's met with grudging cooperation and half-truths. Does the Pride want her to find justice, or help them hide a killer? Frustrated and unable to shake the sexy local shifter who says he's on her side, Rebecca can't seem to scratch out the truth--at least not on her own. But when Brandon shows up, is he there to help or to mark his territory?

The third book, "Family Pride", is tentatively scheduled for release in June and a fourth one is in the works right now!

I hope you'll decide to come along for the ride with Bran and Rebecca as they make their way in a world neither one of them is totally comfortable in!

No comments: