Saturday, November 3, 2012

Southern Magic

I'm writing this blog from a hotel room. It's the night before a big reader's luncheon. (The coordinator said it's a record-breaker for their chapter.) I'm nervous about a lot of things. Will I misspell people's names or forget how to spell my pen name? Will my basket be too small, its contents too weird? Will anyone bid on it? Will people at my table think their gifts are lame? Should I have done more? Could I have?

I'm the nervous type. I worry and worry and worry until it's all over and I'm in the car going home. It's in my nature, and I expect it to a certain extent. I had a lot of fun ordering swag and making goody bags. I got to see my book covers on products for the first time, and it was a blast.

Am I worried about tomorrow? You bet. But I've had a lot of fun getting here and I'm looking forward to hanging out with friends tomorrow and maybe making new ones.

I will admit I'm a little let down that I bought this super cute sweater jacket to wear tomorrow that's home in my closet. Yeah. Two weeks ago Weather Guy said it would be 65 tomorrow. Now? He's saying 85. Grrr.

On that note, I'll leave you with a few of the goodies I bought in preparation for the luncheon.



Anti bacterial bottles--for plague prevention!


Lens cleaning cloths


This was for the gift basket I had to make.


Pens


These are the finished favor bags. (Different from my favor boxes.)


Pocket mirrors

See anything you like? Got any promo item ideas for me to try next time around?

2 comments:

Faith Bicknell said...

Wow! Those are awesome. Very creative. I'd go for them in a heartbeat.

June M. said...

Cute promo items. I love collecting swag from different authors and seeing what different things they pick.