Sunday, December 13, 2020

This Conjunction Junction Serves No Function

 

    In my energetic healing practice, I am used to an increased number of visits around eclipses, solstices, equinoxes, meteor showers, and other cosmic events. Sometimes the alignment of the stars changes the veil between our physical plane and spiritual plane. Many empaths feel unbalanced because we are between eclipses but 2020 has had so many cosmic events that I struggle to keep up with them.

    Instead, I use Reiki techniques to balance their energetic grids of those feeling unlike themselves which yield emotional stability. Mostly I am helping the moon radiation lovers handle New Moons and lunar eclipses while the sun lovers need help in managing seasonal depression. Being sandwiched between two eclipses in two months, the moon has lost its gravitational stability. It wobbles like the stability of the moon lovers. However, the amount of sunlight has decreased daily (until the winter solstice). The winter solstice will be celebrated on 12/21/2020 and will mark the least amount of sunlight in the calendar year.

    I expected my sun-loving clients (and those with seasonal depression symptoms) to make appointments, but I didn’t expect the uproar over a planetary conjunction. I was more surprised the planets involved in scaring them were Jupiter and Saturn. The neighboring planets have orbits that cross every 20 years (Earth Sky.org). This year Jupiter and Saturn will cross at 0.1 degrees and be visible from Earth for the first time since 3/4/1226 (Astronomy News). (Note: there was an event like this in 1623 but its position near the sun made it impossible to see.) To us on earth, they will look like one giant star. My first thought was about how beautiful it is going to look but to many clients, it was cause for alarm like a check engine light in the sky. So like any good practitioner, I researched this omen. Is it friend, foe, or nothing? Photo from EarthSky.org


In my Strawberry Shifters book series, winter solstice is an ominous event where the Fae take advantage of the thin veil and drop Sluagh demons on earth. Could this double star be a portal for inter-realm travel? I have yet to meet one of these Celtic mythological beings but my Celtic Protection Wheel necklace is made of iron and I wear it every day. It is difficult to believe that my clients of every age range and educational background started believing in the Fae within the same time period. Not to mention alien realms. There must be more to it.



    If this is a cycle ending (or beginning) cosmic event, it makes sense that the events of the past will repeat themselves. My first stop on my quest was “This Day in History” where I looked at the events of 3/4/1226. No natural disasters, large government toppling, or global troublemaker was born in the entire year of 1226. What a relief! While March 4th is a common date for inaugural addresses like those by Jefferson, Lincoln, and FDR (Wikipedia), the USA wasn’t a thought in 1226. In summary, 1226 AD was a pleasantly boring year. Could this be a sign that 2021 will be pleasantly boring too?

    But what about on a personal level? Astrologists create planetary charts based on the birth time and place unique to every individual. The planets signify different portions of your personality with different lessons decided at birth based on their positions. What could an overlap mean? Saturn is the social planet that governs a person’s responsibility streak, rule-following tendencies, boundaries, fears, and self-discipline. Jupiter is the philosophical planet that governs a person’s optimism, idealism, and acceptance of new ideas. If you cross these definitions, does it mean we get to kick up our heels?

    I don’t know about you, but I welcome a planetary sign of fun, optimism, and new ideas. After the bubonic plague, the world saw the European Renaissance. I like to think we are about to see another one and this Christmas Star is the beacon calling to all the creatives. The pain is over and good times are ahead. However, this is 2020 so I won’t be doing anything extravagant – like toilet papering my neighbor’s house.



6 comments:

Diane Burton said...

I love your last sentence! Your post is so informative. I must be a sun lover. This time of year, with its lack of sunlight, always drags me down. Give me a sunny day and I perk up. It's good to know there's an explanation.

Marilyn Barr said...

Thank you so much. My spouse is the same way. Moving south to KY has helped him immensely.

Mary Morgan said...

Fascinating post, Marilyn. I tend to enjoy both--sun and moon. If anything, this year has been extremely illuminating for me.

Anonymous said...

Interesting post. The Star or Bethlehem has not been seen in 800 years. Can't wait for Dec. 21. Another interesting fact? That is the very day the Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock and dedicated this land to God. --Elizabeth Alsobrooks

Marilyn Barr said...

Illuminating! I love your pun!

Marilyn Barr said...

I didn't know that about the Pilgrims. Thank you ��