Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Meet Vawn and Ojo in this couple's interview... VAWN by Jessica E. Subject #SciFiRomance #SFR #MMRomance #CharacterInterview


Hello! As I am busy writing the second book in my Kaddim Brothers series, I wanted to give a little insight into the couple in the first book, VAWN, which released last month. So, I’m sharing an interview with the couple, Vawn and Ojokun. This interview occurs between the two stories, so there may be a few spoilers for VAWN. Or maybe, it will pique your interest. 😉 Anyway, here they are…


Tell me the story of how you met.

Vawn: I was visiting my brothers for a ‘family and friends’ weekend the space racers hold a couple times each star cycle. I first met him at the spaceport where my brothers were supposed to pick me up, and learned then that he was on the same team as them. We got to know each other very intimately that weekend.

What were your first impressions of each other?

Ojo: He was gorgeous. Lots of delectable curves. And when he turned around, I was even more pleased.

Vawn [blushes as he swats Ojo]: I knew I wanted to spend the night with him. 

What did you do on your first date?

Vawn: I don’t know if we ever went on an official date until after we were married. But we were at a club that weekend we met, had a couple drinks, and then slept together. A very memorable night.

What were your main methods of communication then?

Ojo [laughs]: We had none. He left me in the middle of the night, while I was sleeping, and I didn’t see or hear from him again for a while. When I finally did see him again, I made sure to get his contact info so I could keep in touch. Since we were on different planets, we messaged each other and had video chats. Some of those were memorable, too.

How did you know things were getting serious?

Vawn: When we started arranging everything else around time to talk and see each other.

Ojo [barks out a laugh]: You thought I was going to break up with you. You were serious, but didn’t realize how serious I was until I asked you to marry me. Though I honestly became serious about him on Rennir—we weren’t together then—when I passed up spending the night with others to help take care of Vawn’s sick daughter. 

What did your families think of your new boyfriend?

Vawn: My brothers were on the same team as Ojo, so they got along okay, but my oldest brother, Ret, did not want me with Ojo at all. Eventually he came around. My parents loved Ojo from the first time they met him, and would want to talk to him when they video-chatted with my brothers.

When did you know that you would end up getting married?

Ojo: Because he’s an omega, and I’m not an alpha, I didn’t know how to make him mine. I couldn't exactly claim him, so I talked to Ret when he no longer had a problem with us being together. He told me about marriage ceremonies that used to happen on Trid before his ancestors settled on Orez. I knew immediately that’s what I wanted.

Do you have children? If you do, how did you make the decision to have children and how has having children changed your marriage?

Vawn: I was widowed and had a toddler when I first met Ojo. Though he didn’t know at the time. And I was pregnant with our second precious girl when Ojo and I got married. I don’t think children changed our marriage at all, but being a parent is a continuous learning experience as they grow up. So, in some ways, it’s always changing. But, isn’t that the way life is?

Very true! Do you work? How do work responsibilities impact your family life?

Ojo: We both work. Vawn is a well-known fashion designer all over the universe. And I own a space racer training school here on Orez. Because we’re self-employed, we’re able to work our schedules around each other, and make time for each other and our family.

What is the biggest strength of your relationship?

Vawn: Honesty and communication. We learned early on what happens when we keep things from each other. Sometimes we still have communication breakdowns, but we try our hardest to talk everything out.

Ojo: I was going to say love, but your answer sounds better.

I think both answers are great! Here’s more information about Vawn and Ojokun’s story…


VAWN

Kaddim Brothers book one

by Jessica E. Subject

Vawn doesn’t need a mate. He’s already established himself universe-wide as a hot name in fashion, while raising his daughter. But he won’t say no to a fling with a hot space racer when he travels to Eurebly to visit his brothers. One night. That’s all he can give. Because his heart shattered when he lost his previous alpha, and he hasn’t been able to repair it completely. He refuses to love someone like that ever again.

Ojokun survived on Jenegath in order to leave the planet and become the best space racer in the universe. Though he flies with a team, he’s never depended on anyone outside of his jet. He keeps to himself. Has one-night stands, just like every other space racer. But, after a mind-blowing night with the brother of two of his teammates, he can’t stop thinking about the gorgeous omega, or the foreign longing that scares him more than his overly-protective teammates.

Can Ojokun convince Vawn that he wants more than one night? Or is that all they were ever meant to be?

Available in ebook and paperback!





8 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

So glad to learn more about this couple after all the teases on Weekend Writing Warriors! Tender and HOT! A Must Read!

Diane Burton said...

Great interview. Your characters really reveal themselves. Best wishes on this release.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thank you so much, Nancy and Diane! Since I write romance, my characters are definitely going to get their happily ever after, but I wanted to give a few hints as to what happens in their story.

Maureen said...

Great interview! Thanks for sharing.

Nightingale said...

Indepth interview; interesting characters. Best wishes with this new release.

Tena Stetler said...

Interesting interview with your characters. Good luck with your new release!!

Mary Morgan said...

Enjoyed the interview! All the best!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thank you all!