Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Death Cannot Stop True Love by Marilyn Barr

In my work as a spiritual healer, I often have clients who request relationship tarot card readings. They all want to know if the significant other in their life is a soulmate, twin flame, or just someone placed in their path. My first question to them is always what their definitions are for these terms. Between movie magic and social media clickbait, our spiritual definitions have been lost. The client’s conversation with me rarely resembles the survey they took online which compared preferences and childhood experience for “twin flame commonality.”

In fact, in most religious texts, your soulmate is defined as a complement to the lessons you must learn to reach Enlightenment (e.g. Heaven, Nirvana, etc.). Therefore the more alike two people are, the less likely they are to be soulmates. That’s not to say two hockey fans or horror movie buffs aren’t soulmates or twin flames. Common interests do help us cross paths on an increasingly crowded planet.

Most religions, metaphysical texts, and thanatology data (research into death) agree there is planning before each soul is born onto this planet and each life has a predetermined purpose with a small percentage of free will to “spice it up.” The documents also agree that your soulmate is one person who was decided to go through this life with you to challenge your current spiritual state in name of bettering your soul (called enlightenment). My clients want to know if their current fling is “The One” and always leave my office disappointed…because in most Shamanic practices, we believe we have a team of twin flame(s) on the physical and spiritual plane, a soulmate who drives us crazy, and network of living souls scheduled to cross our life paths at different times for different reasons. Even if I can correctly categorize their significant other as one of these relationships, it doesn’t guarantee the predestined love that burns across time and space.

According to the interviews of those who have survived a clinical death (the research behind Mario Martinez’s The Mind Body Code), there is a global consciousness which has been historically been referred to as “the white light.” Within this energetic space, the clinically dead people experienced a reunion with the other soul pieces within their spirit teams. These are what we call “twin flames” or pieces from the same collective “soul” which have separated for a time in the physical to spread love and happiness. These are the people (or pets) with whom we instantly connect and have a sense of belonging when in their presence. In Shamanism, we believe half your twin flames exist with you on Earth while another set watches over you from the spiritual place as spirit guides or a spirit team (interchangeable terms). Who was once part of your team may walk the earth with you now or you may decide you have had enough of earth and join one of your twin flame’s teams. If you’ve read Dance to a Wylder Beat or my teasers for Dreamcatcher or Sound a Wylder Silence, you know I love writing about spirit guides because of the close relationship I have with my team.

Where does this leave true love? I had a client ask me if my husband was jealous of my spirit team relationships and I had to laugh. My reply was that he knows we are soulmates and not twin flames. It is not because we share a love of books, punk music, and olives on pizza, but because our views on many topics are opposing. Our discussions are more likely to educate one another than act as an echo chamber. My strict Christian upbringing clashes with his feminist, equality-promoting, pagan views from his parents. On the flip side, I grew up in a community where we often didn’t have two nickels to rub together, but we always had an extra chair at the dinner table for a neighbor.

Could we have been reincarnated to irritate one another in the name of spreading love on Earth over many lifetimes? This is where the research, religious texts, and spiritual experiences of gurus diverge. While most Christian religions preach one life and then straight to heaven, Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, and Sikhism (just to name a few) all believe in reincarnation. The presence of spirit guides would be evidence of reincarnation but tangible evidence of spirit guide involvement isn’t more than antidotal at this time. Whether it is true or not, I love reading the latest research on the topic. When I was asked to join a group of award-winning authors to write in the Reincarnation Book Series, I couldn’t say no. This steamy, vampire romance series is the collision of all my interests—and hopefully will interest you too! (Check out the Book Trailer here!)

In the Reincarnation Book Series, the Syre travels across time and space to give men a second chance at love. When these men lose their soulmate to injustice, the Syre appears and offers them immortality as vampires. Why immortality when their loved one is gone? In time, his soulmate will reincarnate and he will have the opportunity to convert her to an immortal vampire as well. The first two novellas, Black Lotus and Vintage, were released on April 5, 2022. Yesterday, April 12th, 2022, Switch and Blood Tears joined the released volumes on Kindle Unlimited. Still to release are Renaissance, Buccaneer, Eternity, Dreamcatcher, and Syre. All the books are on pre-order for $0.99 until their release onto Kindle Unlimited (Check out the series here)

My contribution to the series is Dreamcatcher, coming on April 26th, 2022. When tattoo artist, Gretchen O’Malley steps into the world of spiritual healing to banish the nightmare which haunts her, she crosses time and space to search for inner peace. When a spiritual journey with an eccentric Shamanic Practitioner reveals her nightmare is a piece of his past, she doesn’t trust her overwhelming attraction to him… Shamanic Practitioner turned Vampire Makaha Juang longs to reclaim the woman who worked herself to death in the sugarcane fields of Oahu over one hundred and fifty years ago. He thanks the Gods when Kaihua enters his office—reincarnated as Gretchen. A prophetic nightmare, explosive soulmate connection, and the boundaries of his spirit contract test his morality and dedication to tenants to Shamanism. Will he compromise his integrity in the name of love or will he free her from their karmic cord?

Dreamcatcher and the other volumes of The Reincarnation Series are on pre-order for $0.99 until their release onto Kindle Unlimited.

9 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

When I was in New Orleans, I had a fabulous reading that spoke to all these issues. It was fascinating to see how things unfolded and intertwined . . . and returned.

Diane Burton said...

Soulmates. That's what Hubs and I are. We do complement each other. He's all science and I'm the arts. When our kids were in middle & high school, he went to their science & math class conferences while I went to the ones for their humanities & foreign language classes. Same with homework help. We like a lot of the same things, too: action adventure movies, detective TV shows, traveling. Unfortunately, he's not a reader of fiction, more informational books/magazines. We've been together for almost 50 years and still find things to learn about each other.

Maureen said...

Great post! I always enjoy your posts, and learning something new!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Sounds like a fascinating series! I don't know if my husband is my soulmate, but he was definitely put in my path many times, so much so that we always joke about it. And my oldest child often asks me to tell them the story about how many times we met with different groups of people.

Marilyn Barr said...

Sounds like a great time! I love learning about the cycles in life.

Marilyn Barr said...

Awww, I love your true-life love story. It's what I call the "missing piece" test for a soulmate. You fit together like that last piece to a puzzle. Congrats on 50 years!

Marilyn Barr said...

Awww, I love how you & your husband have multiple stories which have become bedtime stories. The Universe puts people in our path when our soul needs them.❤️

Marilyn Barr said...

Thank you so much!

Tena Stetler said...

Better late than never. I enjoyed your post as I do most of yours. Sounds like intriguing books I'll have to check out. Thank you for sharing!