Friday, April 22, 2022

Where Do The Stories Come From? By Tena Stetler

 

One question that seems to always be on reader’s minds is where do I come up with ideas for my books.

First of all, since childhood, I’ve had an over active imagination. As a child, it caused night frights and tall tales. As a teenager and adult, I put those scenes and voices in my head on paper, or computer screen. Also my hubby, pup, parrot and turtle spend as much time in the spring, summer and fall in our 38-foot fifth wheel trailer traveling the country, including state and national parks as vacation allotment and weekends  allow. LOL  Some of my stories come from these trips.

 


It just happens that AN ANGEL’S UNINTNENTIONAL ENTANGLEMENT, which is on sale for 99 cents right now is one. The story came about one summer when hubby and I were driving over Independence Pass. It’s one of our favorite drives in Colorado. A beautiful drive if you don’t mind the shear drop-offs. Abandoned mining cabins (dating back to 1880-1890) dot the landscape near the top of Independence Pass at over 12,000 feet in elevation.  The miners who built the cabins, didn't realize how unforgiving the winters at 12,000 feet can be.  As I rounded the back of one of those cabins a complete scene unfolded among the spectacular views. I rushed to the truck and jotted down an outline and An Angel’s Unintentional Entanglement was born. 


 Fourth book in A Demon’s Witch Series, An Angel’s Unintentional Entanglement hero, Caden Silverwind was a secondary character in A Warlocks Secrets (Book 2). Caden had a story to tell, and insisted it be told before I finished up the series. The heroine in this story is Mystic Rayne. At the time I was writing this our beloved canine companion passed over the rainbow bridge. We were devastated. As the circle of life continued, a new puppy arrived and we named her Mystic Reign, after my character. Do you believe in fate? 


Well coincidently An Angel’s Unintentional Entanglement was released on August 6th  of that year, which happens to be our pup, Mystic’s birthday.   

Let’s talk a little about the award-winning An Angel’s Unintentional Entanglement.

 

Fallen warrior angel, Caden Silverwind, lives alone in Colorado's rugged Rockies, healing from physical wounds as well as the mental anguish suffered during battles with dark demons. Then he finds a woman barely clinging to life after a horrendous beating. He is not prepared for the entanglement she brings to his life, nor the feelings she awakens in him.


 

Bureau of Indian Affairs Agent, Mystic Rayne’s personal dilemma and assignment nearly gets her killed. Divine intervention is a complication she never expected and her growing attraction to Caden is undeniable. Can she trust him with her secret?

 

Their quest to uncover her attacker takes them from the pristine mountains in Colorado to the wilds of Wyoming. Along the way, they find answers which may place them in more danger. Determined to solve the mystery, they must also navigate their feelings and fears to find love and unite heaven and earth.

 

Available at Amazon, Amazon UK, Amazon AU, itunes, and Barnes and Nobel

 

I hope you enjoyed learning a little how this author’s mind works, well when it works. LOL See you next month!

9 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

I love to hear where story ideas come from! I understand what it's like to have an overactive imagination. It's fun until you want to put it on pause so you can sleep. LOL Have a great weekend!

Ilona Fridl said...

Love the pictures of Colorado. It's such a beautiful state. Best on the book, it sounds like a good one!

Tena Stetler said...

Thank you for stopping by Jessica and llona!
Yep, an over active imagination is rough at night. LOL
Yes, Colorado is a beautiful state, I couldn't agree more.

Nightingale said...

Another very interesting post. Overactive imaginations can be channeled into productive endeavors, right? An Angel's Unintentional Entanglement was an excellent read.

Tena Stetler said...

Linda, I am so glad you enjoyed AN ANGEL'S UNINTENTIONAL ENTANGLEMENT! I hope you'll try AN ANGEL'S WYLDER ASSIGNMENT! Have a great weekend!

Tena Stetler said...

Yes, Linda, I believe overactive imaginations can be channeled into productive endeavors, at least I try! LOL

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing!

Tena Stetler said...

Thanks for stopping in Maureen. Glad you liked the pictures.

Diane Burton said...

Sorry I'm so late in commenting. I love reading the origin of a book. I love Colorado, my fav state after Michigan. Great pics.