Saturday, March 25, 2023

L🖤VE BITES . . . on SALE! by Nancy Gideon


I get sooooo excited when my backlist paranormal books go on sale! It’s the perfect time to stir up promo vibes for both my lengthy vampire and shapeshifter series. So let’s get this gratuitously out of the way . . .

Midnight Redeemer (Touched by Midnight Series - Book 6)

Published: May 3, 2011
Length: 196 Pages

Hunt or be hunted . . . A centuries-old obsession stalks a noble family fighting to hide their dark secret from an ever-changing world. Sink your teeth into Nancy Gideon's Touched by Midnight series.

Will his dream . . .
Centuries-old vampire Louis Redman is desperate to believe an inquisitive researcher's claim that she's close to finding a cure for his age-old curse. Determined to become human again, he must trust the lovely geneticist who has pushed her way into his guarded life . . . and heart . . . not to betray him to the government agency that wants to uncover his secrets for their own purposes.

. . . be the death of her?
Scientist Stacy Kimball discovers potential fame and the answer to immortality in a murder victim's blood sample. But as she gets closer to the truth, danger stalks her from the shadows. Who wants to silence her from making the breakthrough of a lifetime? Is it the agency that funds her work? The killer who's terrorizing Seattle's night scene?

Or the mysterious Louis Redman, whose kisses seduce her beyond caring . . . ?

"A rare treat . . . this exciting thriller will keep you up all night as Ms. Gideon weaves her spell." — Romantic Times

"Nancy Gideon is one of the best supernatural writers on the market today!" — Midwest Book Review/BookWire

✦✦✦

While I adore Max and my “By Moonlight” family, it was those nocturnal naughty boys (and girls) in my “Midnight” series in the late 1990’s that got my PNR career going. It all started at a meeting with my then publisher, Zebra, who was looking for authors interested in tiptoeing into the dark side by writing paranormal romance and wondered if I’d be one of them. WOULD I?!?! I had proposals to them by the time they got home from the conference. Romance with a Bite! Squee!

I grew up delightfully scared by those things that go bump in the night (and I don’t mean tripping over a snoozing pet on the way to the bathroom!). Those were the days of horror classics and DARK SHADOWS, and I embraced their evolution into smarter, darker, and sometimes funnier venues like Twilight Zone/Night Gallery, Journey to the Unknown, and Night Stalker. I’d watch Creature Features through my fingers while huddling on the couch . . . and my mom would wonder why I had such a hard time getting up for school in the morning. I read everything Shelley, Stoker, Poe, Jackson, King, and Koontz (but not Lovecraft – too weird. Brrr!).

Reaping those shivers on the screen and off the page became picturing them in my mind, as my own spooky tales spun from thoughts onto lined paper then to ancient typewriter. Writing about things that terrified me as a child let me own those fears.

Good-bye night light. I’d embraced my inner demons and invited them onto the blank pages in front of me.

Currently, I’m busy reissuing Books 4-8 in my “By Moonlight” shapeshifter series and, wouldn’t you know, reading through them has gotten my storytelling vibes tingling again . . . Perhaps another walk on the dark side is long overdue.

Shapeshifter or Vampire? Which direction do you think I should go?

Does it look like Spring’s begun in your area? Here in Michigan, we just get teases that could lead to a blizzard. One never knows. And now that I don’t have to work outside the home, I don’t have to care! But hurry up budding trees and greening lawns – the cats want to go out on their leashes!!
♚♚♚♚♚
Nancy Gideon on the Web



3 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

Oh, I've got to read this one!

I say go for vampires and shapeshifters! 😁 Or whatever your muse wants.

We got a lot of snow last weekend. Most of it melted through the week, but as I write this, we're getting freezing rain. I dislike this weather the most.

Nancy Gideon said...

My muse wants a vacation but will have to wait. I with Mother Nature would just make up her mind. Michigan . . . sigh!

Maureen said...

Tiny tastes of spring in PA, and then winter reminds us it's not quite done with us yet, lol.