Sunday, October 22, 2023

October One of My Favorite Months by Tena Stetler

 October has finally arrived and marks one of my favorite months of the year! Boasting vibrant hues of

red, orange and gold, chilly mornings and evenings, yet sun-warmed afternoons. I call 'em cozy weather conditions, and best of all the promise of Halloween. Celebrated annually on October 31st, Halloween brings with it superstitions that come alive on this bewitching festival and brings people of all ages into costume wearing and carving pumpkins jack-o'-lanterns to join trick-or-treating activities - adults typically host themed parties while kids have lots of spooky fun collecting as much candy as they can!

October means there is pumpkin spice everything and everywhere.Yum! A first for me was the car wash that I use, Quick Quack, offered pumpkin spice scented car wash. I kid you not. Yep, my red Durrango smelled like pumpkin spice for a whole week.

Each autumn brings with it its own magic as nature transforms before our eyes while folklore whispers its ancient tales around us. As summer winds down and autumn breezes kick in, October offers us all of its delights - from Halloween fun to quirky decorations to cozy drinks - giving October its special magic.

It also marks the beginning of holiday season - from Halloween at its end to Christmas in December where there's an enthusiastic carnival-like atmosphere all throughout.

Halloween would not be Halloween without a vampire tale. Bwwwwahhh... My award-winning novel, A Vamipire's Unlikely Alliance, is not what you’ve come to expect from a Vampire Tale! Join Stefan and Brandy for an exciting romantic fantasy where Irish legends and magic may save the day. But will it be too late?  Find out, grab a copy to day!  Universal Buy Link!

A wee bit more about A Vampire's Unlikely Alliance - Stefan is a Native American vampire and, former assassin for the Vampire Council. In a twist of fate, he now DJ’s the midnight shift for a small radio station in Whitefish, Montana, on the edge of Glacier National Park where his secret is safe until...

Born in Ireland, Brandy now works as a park ranger and trail guide in the park. During a full moon, Stefan and Brandy’s paths cross in a near physical collision on a trail. Their attraction is immediate and undeniable, almost as if fate demanded it.

Their union was foretold long ago in Irish folk tales where vampires and gryphons, warlocks and demons, witches and faeries must work together for the good of man and magic kind. Is a trip to Ireland the key to unravelling secrets and returning the magic?

Happy Halloween!  See you in November a month we count our blessings.

5 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

Cozy! That's my definition of autumn. Hot tea/flavored coffee, long sleeved shirts, a lap cat. Ahhhh. A blanket at night and nap cats curling close. And a dark sky so crisp and clear the stars are like beacons to eternity. Okay, I'm waxing poetic here . . . but my favorite season brings it out in me.

Tena Stetler said...

Oh,Nancy, I totally agree. Happy Halloween!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Oh, I love Autumn! My favorite season as well! For me it's the cooler temperatures, no humidity, most of the bugs are gone, and the beautiful colors of the trees! Happy Halloween! 🎃

Tena Stetler said...

Thanks for stopping by Jessica. The cooler weather and no bugs are a welcome change. Happy Halloween!

Diane Burton said...

I love the smells of October--wood smoke, pumpkin spice. Crisp days and cool nights. No bugs! It was my fav time to camp. Plus, it's my birthday month.