Tuesday, October 12, 2010



Hello everyone!


First off I would like to thank Rebecca Royce and Pararnormal Romantics for inviting me to guest blog here today.


My very first release day was last night at 7 PM EST at Liquid SIlver Books. I can't begin to discribe to you the feeling. I had a love of reading for years and years, but only started playing with the idea of actually writing something a few years back. I didn't get really serious about it until a year and a half ago. I then planted my butt in front of the PC and went to work.


I started reading paranormal romance a few years ago and just fell in love with it. So for all you other women and men out there that like a good historical, don't be afraid to jump into the pararnormal genre. After reading a few, I began to day dream about my own story lines in the genre. A few sold ideas started to float around in my mind, but Secrets of Night didn't really come together until I started looking at submission guidlines.


I really wanted to start out my writing adventure with a short novella, seeing as how I went to college for nursing and not writing. LOL. But as I started working over the story line for Secrets of Night, I saw a lot of potential for a series. I'm now working on book two, Deceptions of Night. The main male character in this book you meet in Secrets of Night. His name is Lex. I also have already begun to plot out book three and four.

Here is an excerpt from Secrets of Night, now available at Liquid Silver Books.

Kierra approached Kale as he caught the Shifters weight and pulled him back into the room. She closed the door quietly behind them before turning to face Kale. She raised one brow in question at his seeming lack of suprise over the Shifters presence.

He shrugged. "I heard him return when we were searching the second floor."

"And you didn't think I would like to know that we were no longer alone in this house?"

"I already planned to trance him so why bother?"

"Hump." She pursed her lips, but in the end his plan had worked so she decided to forget about it and move on. "You know, it's pretty freaky to watch you do that."

"Why? Do you think I have put you in a trance before and had my wicked way with you?" he asked flirtatiously.

The intimate images returned with thigh-clenching intensity. Visions of his lips as they hovered above her own, sharing the same breath with her, filled her mind. What would forbidden passion taste like? Would he lightly caress her aching breasts or would he squeeze them in his big powerful hands? Her eyelids sild closed a second before she shook her head to dispell the images.

Best Wishes,

Virginia Cavanaugh

5 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

Congratulations on your release Virginia! So excited for you!

Virginia said...

Thanks again! :)

Stacey Kennedy said...

I bought mine today!! :)

Annie Nicholas said...

Welcome to PR and congrats on your release!

Virginia said...

Thank you Stacey and Annie! :)