Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Count is 100 Part II

Back in July, I shared something I did when I wasn't writing much, if at all. 100 word snippets. I was backing up files on my hard drive the other day and ran across another snippet I wrote, this one from 2003. This one had a prompt from a writing community I used to belong to: the morning after. As someone who likes to do things "out of the norm" I didn't want to go with the typical thing most people would go with when they hear that statement. So, here was my take:

He struggled to blink back the darkness. Try as he might, the previous night was nothing more than a blur. A strong metallic odor overwhelmed him as he buried his face in his hands. He froze, staring in confusion when he noticed the dried blood that coated his skin from fingertip to elbow. He grunted as he checked himself for wounds and was relieved to find the blood didn’t belong to him.

A woman’s tear stained face appeared in his mind. Please don’t kill me.

Panic sat like a stone in his chest. "Oh my God, what have I done?"

No comments: