Saturday, October 30, 2010

A little about me: JL Oiler

Hello Thanks for having me here!

I am JL Oiler. I live in the mountains of West Virginia with my husband, two children, and boxer. I began writing stories at a young age, but did not begin sharing them until my late teens. My first release came in January of 2010 with Blood Dance: Seeds of Oden Book 1 from Wild Horse Press. When not writing I enjoys the outdoors and teaching middle school shop. 
I joined forces with fellow authors BethAnn Beulher, Lila Munro, and Ashlynn Monroe to form the group Wicked Muses in June 2010. I can be found on frequently chatting on Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter.

Who or what has been your biggest influence as a writer?
My biggest influence as a writer has been life itself, there isn’t any part of my life past or present that has not managed to worm its way into my writing.  I guess I have a very inspirational muse.

What is your favorite way to relax after a hard day working and writing?
A long hot bubble bath…auhhhh
Best Halloween Costume:
A few years back (and about 30 lbs lighter) I purchased a pair of black vinyl pants and a red vinyl vest. Adding in a set of handcuffs, whip, collar, a chain belt, and a pair of knee boots made for a great dominatrix!
Vampires or Werewolves?
Hmm... I actually have stories with both, but I think my sexy Demon’s could whip them both.

Upcoming Release(s):
October is shaping up to be grand for me. I have two releases, both sexy shifter stories with Silver Publishing. 
To Kiss A Demon (October 2) (M/F)
Blurb: Katrina Rush is a special task force officer assigned to take down on of the city’s biggest arms dealers. Unfortunately, not all her team is on board with the idea. When several of the group turn traitor and assassinate their comrades, Kat is faced with the accusations that she is to blame for the treachery.
Barak if a demon from the inworld that has come to the outer plane to find a woman to be his bride. When he catches Kat’s scent, he knows he has found the right one. Now all he needs to do is save her from the bad guys, help her revenge her fallen teammates, and convince her to be his Zi-mate. The fact that the glamour hiding his true nature he borrowed from a witch might make it a bit more difficult.

Claiming Night (October 30).  (M/F/M)
Blurb: Lyssa moves to the small community to escape a so so life and a controlling ex-husband. She is not certain why she chose North Ridge, but something about the place calls to her. When she catches a glimpse of her mega hot neighbor Ren Lehner and discovers he also has a hot twin named Trey, something more than the community starts calling to her. When the gorgeous duo invite her over for a romantic dinner she thinks she might get luck and grab herself a double shot of sex. However, what she discovers is these two men know a lot more about her then she even knows about herself.



How can readers Contact me?
Contacts: jloiler@live.com
              www.wickedmuses.webs.com

22 comments:

Tabitha Blake said...

Wow! Your books sound great. I love a sexy demon.

careydoucet@yahoo.com

Judy said...

Both of your books look to be very interesting.

The blurb for Claiming Night definitely has me wanting to know alot more!!!



Judy
magnolias_1@msn.com

Jennifer Mathis said...

another demon lover here . Your books sound great

meandi09@yahoo.com

Ashlynn Monroe said...

Great Blog J.L. Love it! Happy Halloween. Sending you my love and support before hitting the hay. Happy writing. I hope your family has a wonderful Halloween. You're imagination is wonderful and I can't wait for the third Seeds of Oden book too. :)

*yadkny* said...

I haven't had the opportunity of reading any of your books, but I've seen and heard enough to have them all on my wishlist:)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

yadkny@hotmail.com

Linda Henderson said...

Your books sound great, I can't wait to read them.

seriousreader at live dot com

Sherry Gloag said...

Your blurb for To Kiss a Demon has caught my attention and is now on my tbr list. This from someone who normally evades demon reads and vampires :-) LOL

Kim S. said...

Happy Halloween everyone!

Thanks for the blurbs JL, both books look good!! And I do like my M/F/M!! ;) I've added both to my TBB list.

thewildtwo @ gmail [dot] com

Carlie Angelus said...

I'm really digging these covers for Silver. Wondering if you could tell us how your experience has been working with them?

Btw, I commend you for having the guts to go as a dominatrix! Yowza!

--Carlie
carlieangelus@gmail.com

ladydi6497 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ladydi6497 said...

I would have loved to see that costume. It sounds like it was really authentic.

I cannot wait to read your books. I have been devouring books lately.

dbarskey(at)hotmail(dot)com

Maria D. said...

The blurb for To Kiss A Demon sounds very interesting. Congrats on your two October releases!

junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

JeanMP said...

The blurbs really catches your attention and those are both great looking covers.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

elaing8 said...

A new author for me to check out :)
Love the two blurbs.

Lil said...

Your books sound very satisfyingly dark and perfect for the holiday.

Happy Halloween!

Cathy M said...

Happy Halloween

Both stories sound like something I would enjoy reading.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

LORETTA CANTON said...

Such good books maybe we should do this more often.

loretta

lbcanton@verizon.net

The Scarf Princess said...

Claiming Night sounds super good with its double dose of pleasure. Definitely adding it to my wishlist.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

annalisa said...

Congratulations on the release of your two books. They both sound really good and I like the covers. :)

TOPSAIL246(at)aol(dot)com

Anonymous said...

My experience with Silver Publishing has been just as amazing as the covers that Reese Dante created for them.
Thanks All for the comments and Happy reading!!

JL

Rae M. said...

Thanks for the blurbs! And wow dominatrix, I wish I would have been so bold!

Happy Halloween!

rachaelgwen(at)yahoo(dot)com

Annie Nicholas said...

contest is closed