Sunday, October 17, 2010


Secrets of Night
Order of the Night Book One


Author: Virginia Cavanaugh
Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance
Publisher: Liquid Silver Books
ISBN: 978-1-59578-759-0
eBook: $3.99
Buy Link - http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=linda018&cart_id=44657.44535&product_name=Secrets+Of+Night&return_page=&user-id=&password=&exchange=&exact_match=exact
Rating:
The blurb alone had me gathering up my change to buy this book. I was so eager to read it that I stopped my current read to sneak it in and I’m so glad I did. This world that Ms. Cavanaugh created is fantastic! As a lover of urban fantasy/paranormal romance this story hit all the right spots. Kierra and Kale’s chemistry is sizzling hot and the kick-ass action scenes left my heart pounding.
My only grumble, and it’s a little one, is the book was too short. It skipped over parts that as a reader I wanted to see. The world is nothing I’ve ever read before and I was totally captivated by it. But I felt like I was only told half the story. It all seemed a little bit rushed and I really couldn't grasp all the elements of what the world is all about. So much happened and there wasn’t really any time to accept any of it before it moved on. At the end, I was left scratching my head a little with unanswered questions.
As a first book, I can only say that I suspect the next novels are going to astound me. I do hope that when Ms. Cavangaugh writes the next in the series she lets us experience more of the characters and writes something a little longer to explain the world to us better, so we as readers can truly appreciate the Order of the Night.
THE BLURB:
When the tenuous peace between the Sorceresses, Vampires, and Shape-Shifters is shattered, Kierra, Sorceress Senator for the Order of Night takes it into her own hands to discover the reasons why.
As the Vampire member of the Triad for the Order of Night, Kale is no stranger to war, but isn’t eager to battle anew without cause. His investigation into the allegations that the Shape-Shifters are the breakers of the peace treaty are thrown askew when the woman who has haunted his lusty dreams is found doing recon of her own.
As the body count rises and more women disappear, Kierra and Kale race against the clock to uncover the secrets the Shape-Shifters are keeping. Imminent war and forbidden attraction threaten to implode their progress, while Kierra’s secrets may very well tip the scales of power.
A LINE THAT HAD ME DROOLING WITH WORD ENVY ― “A warm summer breeze glided past, rustling the leaves above her head and carrying the scents of pine, earth, and something else extremely tempting and forbidden."
Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3473046.Stacey_Kennedy
Twitter - http://twitter.com/Stacey_Kennedy


2 comments:

Virginia said...

Thanks Stacey for a lovely review! :)
I am working on the second book in this series now and I think you will be happy to know that it will not be short. ;)

Stacey Kennedy said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad--this world you've built is fantastic...I need more of it :)