Sunday, October 3, 2010


To Kill A Warlock

Author: HP Mallory
Genre: Urban Fantasy
ISBN: 978-1-60928-111-3
eBook: $2.99
Buy Link - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/18222
Rating:

Mallory is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Her last book, Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble had me gushing. To Kill a Warlock didn’t disappoint. Jolie’s a Regulator, a kick-ass heroine who keeps tabs of the Netherworld creatures on Earth. Knight, is a smokin’ hot, Relations Officer in the Netherworld. Together, the two heat the pages up as they take on a mystery of murder which captivates you from page one right till the very end.

Of course, Knight’s not the only love interest in Jolie’s life. In classic Mallory style, the reader is introduced to three possible love interests. Which left me in a bind, who should Jolie choose? Honestly, I still haven't decided. Each man possessed traits that had me rooting for them, but also, had me cursing their very existence.

To Kill a Warlock, is a fabulous read and it did hurt to give it a four star rating. But Jolie is not only a Regulator, she’s also an author. Truthfully, this added part of her life completely stopped the flow for me. I wanted to stay lost in this adventure, feel the hot tension between all of the characters that kept me so intrigued, but then her historical novel would pop up and I’d pout. All I wanted to do was cut that part out―then say, “Perfect.”

With that said, To Kill a Warlock is a story you can’t miss. My hope, the next novel in the series will move away from Jolie pursuing a career in publishing and focus more on her duties as Regulator. I can hardly wait to find out where Jolie’s story will take us next.

THE BLURB:
The murder of a dark arts warlock. A shape-shifting, ravenous creature on the loose. A devilishly handsome stranger sent to investigate. Sometimes working law enforcement for the Netherworld is a real bitch.

A LINE THAT HAD ME DROOLING WITH WORD ENVY:“Was it Fabian who boogered you?” she asked. (LOL―Mallory’s humor is just too fun!!)

Reviewed by:


Website - www.staceykennedy.com
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000956942180
Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3473046.Stacey_Kennedy
Twitter - http://twitter.com/Stacey_Kennedy



No comments: