- 2013 (95)
- Getting Stuck...
- Celebrating 1 Year of being published!
- I love me some steampunk chic...
- What's so sexy about angels?
- Command Performance
- Dark Hungers
- If The Order were a movie...
- Typing with thumbs
- It's That Time Again!
- What I Learned From Writing Shorts
- Clearing Out Some Space
- The Matrix Has You...
- Paper or Plastic...well..E-Book
- A Chinese Crested Werewolf? by Deena Remiel
- A Pinning Obsession
- Distressed Author Needs Your Help!
- Who Can Resist the Ancient Egyptian Gods?
- Up Coming Soon....
- For the Love of Short Stories
- My favourite myths
- Deer in Headlights or Which Of Your Books Do You R...
- Why is an erotic romance good for a mom’s soul?
- Meet the Devil's Vampire
- Seducing The Reader
- Where It All Began
- A Thank You To The Men In My Head
- 2011 (392)
- 2010 (372)
- 2009 (174)
Friday, June 15, 2012
Never in a million years would I have thought that posting pics I find on the web THIS interesting.
But I do.
I rilly, rilly do.
For those poor souls who are scratching their heads asking what is this Pinterest thing? Pinterest is a website where you create an account to post pictures you like from the internet on boards, as in cork boards, so others can browse through them or for your own files.
Why would I want to do this?
See, I asked the same question. People store food ideas. (Can't tell you how many recipes I've found.) Wedding plan, baby showers, birthday parties, vacations, crafts, art, eye-candy, etc. Need I go on?
I started with character ideas. Blam. Sucked in like a black hole. It's great for inspiration when I'm stuck. Some readers are curious how I imagine what the characters look like because, face it, cover art is limited. I started a new board last night I called 'Makes Me Smile' since sometimes I just need that.
I enjoy browsing other people's boards. It gives me insight on who they are. Just this morning I was looking through a fellow writers hero/heroine board and realized she likes men with strong chins and defined cheek bones with etheral like women. If you checked out mine, you'd see I like weird looking men and warrior like women. LOL
So careful before logging on Pinterest. There's a whole new world to explore and it may take you a few hours to find your way back out.
And if you're ever wondering what Annie Nicholas is doing...