Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Ending a Series with a Sale!

 I started writing series with most of my books for several reasons... My favorite books were usually part of a series where you had lots of time to get to know the characters and the world. A series lets me explore several different relationships. I fall in love withe my side characters and just have to give them stories. An overarching story can be so large, one book just won't get you there.

I love series.

In July 2017 I signed a contract with Entangled for 4 books about dragon shifter kings and phoenixes. My Inferno Rising series. Only a month or two later, I signed a contract for another 4 books set in the same dragon shifter world, but with a different character group to focus on, the enforcers...my Fire's Edge series. The idea was that we would release the books from each series in and "every other" pattern.

I started on The Rogue King that month and The Boss shortly after. Along the way we added a prequel short story and a fifth book to the Fire's Edge series. Two years later, we added the Brimstone Inc. series also set in the same world but not dragon shifters. Now...here we are, summer 2021, and this coming fall both the dragon shifters series will be coming to an end. The Traitor (Fire's Edge) is up for preorder now, releasing August 16th. The Cursed King (Inferno Rising) will be releasing shortly after (still waiting on an official date).

I still can't believe the incredible journey I've been on.

  • 14 books
  • 3 series
  • 4 years
  • some lovely awards
  • amazing readers who've become friends and encouragers
  • friendships with other PNR authors and more great reads for me
  • a fantastic relationship with my editor and my publisher/publishing team at Entangled
For those who've been on this journey with me...thank you so much. I hope you've loved this series as much as I've adored writing it. Also, hopefully in the future I'll expand on it again. It will all depend on luck, timing, and other projects, but fingers crossed!

Now is a great time to check out the entire, almost complete, Fire's Edge series... 


The Mate (FREE Prequel)
The Boss (WILL BE FREE 8/2-13/21)
The Rookie ($1.99 now thru 8/13/21)
The Enforcer ($1.99 now thru 8/13/21)
The Protector ($1.99 now thru 8/13/21)
The Traitor (preorder - coming 8/16/21)


3 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow that is a lot of stories! I love series in the same world, so you feel like you get to see the world through someone else's eyes.

Diane Burton said...

Congrats on your series. What an accomplishment. As a reader, I love series for all the reasons mentioned. As a writer, I hate letting go of the characters. I love the world I've built. As I write, I discover more about the setting. It's so interesting. Enjoy your success, Abigail. Wishing you much more.

Tena Stetler said...

Congrats on your series and career successes!