Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Kissing Santa Claus!

 


If you were dared to kiss Santa Claus, would you? That's exactly what happens to Claire Otton, from my sci-fi holiday romance HEY, SANTA, when her and her best friend are shopping at a mall just days before Christmas. Will she do it? And what will happen if she does? Well, here's an excerpt from the beginning of the story...

HEY, SANTA excerpt:

“You can’t be serious.” Claire gave the dirtiest look she could muster to her best friend. 

Tiffany air-squeezed the man’s firm cheeks from a distance. “C’mon. Look at that a*s.”

“Yes, but a Santa Claus? How do I know what he looks like under that suit and beard?” Imagine if he was her father’s age. Or older. She shuddered.

“Only one way to find out.” Smacking her butt, her friend urged her forward. “Go ask him.”

She planted her feet on the ground. Thank goodness she hadn’t worn heels for their marathon shopping trip only two days before Christmas. “If you’re so interested, why don’t you?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes, sighing. “Because I’m engaged to be married to the love of my life. You’re the Grinch who needs to get laid.” 

“I’m not a Grinch,” she snapped. With a deep breath, she counted backwards from ten. “I’m sorry. This is just a very stressful time of year for me.”

“I know.” Tiffany cupped her elbow. “I just want to see you happy at Christmas again. It doesn’t have to be a miserable holiday anymore. That’s part of the reason I dragged you with me today.”

Claire swallowed the lump in her throat, tears welling in her eyes. Please don’t let me turn into a blubbering mess in the middle of the mall. While she appreciated her friend’s concern, she coped better on her own. “I…I should go home. I can’t just pretend it didn’t happen.”

“No, but you can’t stop living, either.” Wiping the tears from her eyes, Tiffany gave her a brief smile. “You don’t need to be alone anymore. Give someone a chance for goodness sake. Your parents and brother would want you to be happy. I want you to be happy.”

But she wasn’t. Hadn’t been since she’d arrived home for Christmas holidays four years ago. No one had come to pick her up at the airport. Instead, she took a cab, dropped off at a smoldering pile of rubble that used to be her family home. All dead. Her parents and younger brother had been asleep when an arsonist had set fire to the attached garage. Her family never made it out. The young punk had to serve the rest of his life in prison, but she’d lost everything.

She bit her bottom lips to keep from crying again. How was she supposed to live without them? The only other person in her life who gave two shits about her was Tiffany. And she would be married in a few months. Moving on herself.

Maybe that is what I need to do. But who wanted a damaged woman who’d dropped out of university? Surely, no one worth spending her life with.

“Please, Claire.” Tiffany rubbed her arm. “Will you just ask him already? I saw him before he changed into the suit. He’s hot. And he has to be patient since he works with kids. If this doesn’t work, I’ll never get on your case again.”

“Fine,” she said, eliciting a grumble. Though, a bad date had to be better than sitting at home by herself. “This is the last time. No more double dates or trying to set me up with a guy in any way.”

Tiffany held out her baby finger. “Pinky swear.”

After sealing the promise, Claire patted the puffy skin under her eyes. “Is my makeup running?”

“No, you look beautiful, as always.” Grabbing her shoulders, her friend spun her around. “Now, go get him before he is swarmed by a bunch of kids. And hopefully, soon he’ll fill your stocking with all kinds of Christmas spirit.”

Her cheeks warmed. She wanted more than a night of f*cking, though that wouldn’t hurt, either. But Santa? Really? What was she supposed to say? Hey, Santa, I saw you bending over, and I think you have a nice a*s. Want to go out some time?


HEY, SANTA by Jessica E. Subject

She doesn’t want a lot for Christmas…

Claire Otton dreads spending another holiday alone. When her best friend convinces her to approach the sexy mall Santa, she takes the chance and asks him out, hoping for so much more.

He’s waiting under the mistletoe…

Although Andreas Castellanos blends in on Earth, he knows he will never belong. But when the gorgeous woman he’d been staring at invites him to dinner, he has a hard time saying no.

All they’re asking for…

Can these two lonely souls find magic together or will their secrets steal their chance of a happy Christmas?

Available from:


8 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

I think I just found my Christmas read! What a unique spin on a holiday romance.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thank you so much, Nancy! All the best to you and yours over the holidays!

Maureen said...

Thanks for sharing! Looks like a great holiday read!

Mary Morgan said...

Ooo, I'm adding this to my list of holiday reads, Jessica. Looks great! Thanks so much for sharing.

Tena Stetler said...

WOW I am adding this to my holiday reads. Love a good alien Christmas story. Thanks for sharing!

Nightingale said...

Jessica, I join with everyone in that this sounds like a delightful holiday romance. I love the premise of kissing the mall Santa and must see how you bring this about. Best of luck with this charming story.

Diane Burton said...

I'm going to say ditto to what the others have said. This sounds like a lot of fun. Best wishes to you and your family for a great holiday season.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thank you everyone! I wish you all a wonderful holiday season, and hope 2022 is a much better year for all!