Saturday, June 4, 2022

When It’s Time for an Update

 


We’re getting new carpet upstairs this week. Believe me, this was long overdue. But unlike this cute new mouse pad that I got for my writing desk, sometimes, changes aren’t that easy.

Most of us like to be comfortable and enjoy a predictable routine. The disruption and chaos to our home when we emptied out the rooms has been the biggest challenge. 


Now most of the items from the office have been stacked in our bedroom all week. This forced me to take a long look at what I’ve been holding on to for years. I kept some things for sentimental value, others because I might need that someday, right? Even if I haven’t looked at it for years and years? Or is it also saved digitally?


Nope. I don’t need all that.


This was a surprise because I hate clutter, and I’m always going through things. But apparently, paper products and binders haven’t been high on that list—until now. I’m hoping that once the carpet is complete and I’ve gone through everything (okay, most of the things, let’s not get too crazy. I don’t have all year, lol), I’ll be rewarded with a less cluttered office to write in. Since clutter reduces my productivity, this should be a good thing for all the writing plans I have for this year. 


Author Updates


This year has also been a time for other updates for my writing career. So far, most of these tasks have felt like I’ve been pushing an enormous boulder up a hill, but I hope to soon release it. Let’s just hope that the boulder goes over and down the hill and doesn’t roll back on me!


A few of these updates include:


  • A new logo for my cozy mystery pen name
  • A new pen name for my upcoming urban fantasy 
  • A new logo for the new urban fantasy pen name
  • Updates to my Maureen Bonatch website 
  • A website for my new urban fantasy pen name 

Why all of these updates? 


Because I have 3 new paranormal cozy mystery books coming out in the next few months. Then I’m planning for the release of the new pen name and urban fantasy books over the fall of 2022 into 2023. 


Stay in the Loop

If you want to stay in the loop for all these updates, sign up for my newsletter right here and/or join my Facebook group right here. That way you'll be the first to see the new logos and covers, as well as find out about release dates, sales, and other fun stuff!

Fun Stuff and Freebies

Fill up your TBR with some of these goodies!

Cozy Mystery Freebies: Click Right Here




Mystery Cozy and Clean: Click Right Here





What do you want to update this year? 

Just a small-town girl, Maureen Bonatch leads a double life. She lives in a magical world as a novelist, and as a nurse leader in reality. Maureen’s first novella was a paranormal romance published when blogs were a new-fangled thing. She’s since changed her focus to writing paranormal cozy mysteries as M.L. Bonatch and urban fantasy as Maureen Bonatch. 


While she’s not busy writing or doing nurse-things, she’s a mom to her twin daughters, bicycling in the beautiful woods of PA with her hubby, doing the bidding of a feisty Shih Tzu, and dancing as much as possible. She believes music can be paired with every mood, laughter is contagious, and that caffeine and wine are essential for survival.


Follow me on Amazon Right Here.



6 comments:

N. N. Light said...

Hi Maureen! Good for you on culling some clutter. We did that when we moved two years ago. I'm pleased to hear about your writing plans and new paranormals coming out. I love your books! For me, I'm switching internet providers at the office. After more than nine years with the same provider at home and one year at the office, I made the switch to a new provider. The current one gouges price-wise and the service is spotty at best. So, next Friday, we're making the big switch. We're upgrading to a faster unlimited plan which makes me happy. :)

Jessica E. Subject said...

All the best with your decluttering and new plans, Maureen! We're getting ready to send our oldest child off to college, so big changes coming there.

Keri Kruspe said...

Great article, Maureen! Change is never easy, but without it we'd all be telling our stories around the campfire waiting for the cavemen hunters to come back with dinner!

Maureen said...

Good luck with the new internet N.N.!
Oh, Jessica, that is a big change. Our twins will be seniors in college this fall- it really is a different world when they are away at school.
Thanks- Keri. lol about sitting around the campfire telling our stories!

Diane Burton said...

I culled when we moved 9 years ago. Boy, do I need to cull again. Paper clutter is overwhelming. Some things I have to save for income tax purposes. But not multiple copies. LOL Change is hard. It's hard to part with things I *might* need some day. I know that one well. Hope the new carpet turns out well. Good luck on decluttering.

Maureen said...

I agree, Diane. My paper clutter is insane! I have boxes I'm getting ready to shred.